VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
westcoastvanner
Neatbeard
6 posters

Just wanted to say from the UK...

Neatbeard
    Neatbeard

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2014-10-02

Just wanted to say from the UK... Empty Just wanted to say from the UK...

Post by Neatbeard Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:29 am

... I've just sold my airbagged Chevy C10 pick up due to having another little un and we wouldn't all fit in the cab so i'm now looking at more family friendly ride in the form of a A100, there are not too many of them over here but I have a couple i'm going to look at.

One is a '67 Custom Sportsman with a rebuilt 318 and rebuilt autobox.

The other is on it's way over from the USA and has a rebuilt 360 but it has been lowered by flipping the axles and i'm not too sure about that after reading various posts on here. But having said that if the rest of the van is good it will still be worth purchasing as I can always flip them back to standard height/raise the back for a proper 70s look.

Anyway i'm waffling (as i'm prone to do!) so erm...... Hi guys. Very Happy

Any other brits here?
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Just wanted to say from the UK... Empty Re: Just wanted to say from the UK...

Post by westcoastvanner Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:42 am

Here I am in Santa Barbara, California, came here in 1957 with my family and have been here ever since. I have a 1967 Dodge A100 Custom Sportsman with a rebuilt 318.

Just wanted to say from the UK... My_spo10
    polosteve
    polosteve

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2012-10-28

Post by polosteve Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Hey mate,

Where a bouts in the uk are you?

I'm in devon, my name is Steve, I have an a108 window van and my Dad terry has an a108 xplorer.

Mine:

Just wanted to say from the UK... C8ef

Any more details/pics on the vans you are viewing?

Kind regards,

Steve
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Post by westcoastvanner Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:14 pm

I forgot to mention that I came from Ilford, Essex, England.
    Neatbeard
    Neatbeard

Post by Neatbeard Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:36 am

Hi guys. I'm in Norfolk – land of the webbed feet and inbreds! :-D

You've both got great looking vans, I love em! I was initially leaning more towards the A100s as I like their more compact look, having said that the more A108s I see I have to say that i'm loving them equally now too!

I havent got many more details on the couple that I want to view Steve but I will keep y'all updated as im sure i'll be picking your brains and asking dumb-arsed questions for sure!

Steve - can I ask what motor etc your running in your A108 and how do you find it generally, are they good runners in everyday traffic on our little roads? Have you had any issues? Are parts easy enough to find on our shores?

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Welcome To VV..!!!.. cheers ..Good Luck on your journey you should find all the parts and info you need here on this site.. Smile .

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2012-10-28

Post by polosteve Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:12 pm

Hey mate

To be honest it's not a daily driver! Still work in progress, however I did a 300 mile round trip back in July and she ran sweet, not a single issue.  My dads van we have had since 94 and done thousands of miles in all around Europe, she is always reliable and has been the family camper van for 20 years!  

Both vans are 318 v8s with a 727 auto and power steering, mine is noisy (twin flow masters) and bouncy (and stupid).
    My Dads is quiet and smooth but you know it's got a V8 still Smile It is an Xplorer conversion A108.

A100 specific bits you have to be prepared to pay postage and wait time for postage.  A legendary member on this site sent me a fuel filler neck pipe, I would never have got one in the uk.  The engine is found in most mopar from that era so easy-ish to get bits for.

Both vans:

Just wanted to say from the UK... Sqgq
    Neatbeard
    Neatbeard

Post by Neatbeard Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:49 am

Cool, lovely looking vans you n your dad have there STeve, I see that you also post on RnS's forum too. Wink

Well I have another lead that i'm chasing down for a very nice looking A108 that is mechanically sorted and looks great. I'll keep y'all posted for sure. Smile
    Neatbeard
    Neatbeard

Post by Neatbeard Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:49 am

Well if everything goes according to plan **fingers crossed** I should be getting my hands on a fairly well known A108 in a couple of weeks hopefully. Still a few things to sort out but i'll keep y'all updated (if you're interested...?).
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Hell Yea!!! we're interested...lol. Good luck, I hope this goes through for you. Be sure to post some pics when you get'r home.
    Neatbeard
    Neatbeard

Post by Neatbeard Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:30 am

Cheers Big W and i'll be sure to boer the pants of y'all with plenty of pix! Very Happy
    ALABAMA ANDY
    ALABAMA ANDY

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2013-01-18

Post by ALABAMA ANDY Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi from South East London.
    From an A108 owner Smile
    Neatbeard
    Neatbeard

Post by Neatbeard Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 am

Well I just wanted to say that I now have an A108 and it's a very well known one on this forum. It has just been imported into the UK and it's bright yellow with a hippe themed interior.......

Yes that's right I have 'Dodge mans (John I think) old ride! I am so stoked and I can't wait for the weather to improve so I can get out, give it a wash and polish and go for a cruise!
    Neatbeard
    Neatbeard

Post by Neatbeard Wed May 27, 2015 7:05 am

I forgot that I haven't posted any pix of the van over here in the UK.

Just wanted to say from the UK... Front3qtrPass-1_zps71193bba
    Just wanted to say from the UK... Rear3qtrPass_zps719a4a11

I havent done much to it other than drive it about to run in the engine. I've stripped out the 'hippy themed' interior/bed as it wasn't suitable for driving about with my 3 little uns so i'm currently having built a bespoke RnR bed/seating arrangement that will be full width of the van and seat 3 adults with modern inertia reel belts that will pull out into a 6ft long bed when i'm away camping.

The theme for the interior is going to be a mexican day of the dead theme with yellow mexi/serpe blanket inserts on the front and rear seats. I'm also thinking of some proper full-on 60/70s style paint effects to make the van 'ours'. I will keep y'all updated.

The van certainly gets loads of looks over here in the UK, especially as it has a lovely V8 rumble and is bright pearl yellow!
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Post by westcoastvanner Wed May 27, 2015 9:36 am

That van looks familiar. Any idea where the old owner got the chrome strip above the "DODGE" emblem?
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Wed May 27, 2015 9:54 am

Happy to here it made over there safe and sound. That's a great looking van. Looking forward to seeing your interior as you make her your own. cheers
    Neatbeard
    Neatbeard

Post by Neatbeard Wed May 27, 2015 11:44 am

westcoastvanner wrote:That van looks familiar. Any idea where the old owner got the chrome strip above the "DODGE" emblem?

Yeah it is probably familiar as it is John (Dodge Man's) old van.... i'm afraid I don't know where the chrome strip came from.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:13 pm