VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

1st gen duel master cylinder swap info

ditdater
    ditdater

Number of posts : 590
    Registration date : 2010-11-06

1st gen duel master cylinder swap info Empty 1st gen duel master cylinder swap info

Post by ditdater Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:28 pm

ok , looks like the swap is on for next week (keeping drum/drum) just swaping to duel master cylinder,lines and all. really appreciate all info on previous thread . last piece of info I could use is anybody tthat has done 1st gen chevy m/c swap out (just drum front and back) have any preferances on the new m/c . friend that is going to help me thinks 65 Camaro , but he hasn't gotten under it and measured yet. and opinions is helpful. call any time . danny 502 432 3684
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

1st gen duel master cylinder swap info Empty Re: 1st gen duel master cylinder swap info

Post by donivan65 Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:48 pm

We just use the one off a 2nd Gen,,,,,,1967-70,,,,,,they are dual line with drum brakes,,,,,you need to cut out the end of the bracket for the longer master cylinder and lower the sway bar if you have one,,,,,,

wdaguy likes this post

kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

1st gen duel master cylinder swap info Empty Re: 1st gen duel master cylinder swap info

Post by kookykrispy Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 pm

ditdater wrote:ok , looks like the swap is on for next week (keeping drum/drum) just swaping to duel master cylinder,lines and all.  really appreciate  all info on previous thread . last piece of info I could use is anybody tthat  has done 1st gen chevy m/c  swap out (just drum front and back)  have any preferances  on the new m/c .  friend that is going to help me thinks 65 Camaro , but he hasn't gotten under it and measured yet.      and opinions   is helpful.    call any time .  danny 502 432 3684

Definitely not a '65 Camaro! Haha LOL You guys might need to do a little more research.

Agree with Don, since you are staying with all drums, just use a stock replacement 2nd gen master cylinder, available at your favorite auto parts store. Choose any year 67-70, and request a master cylinder. Should work perfect for what you are doing.

ditdater
    ditdater

Number of posts : 590
    Registration date : 2010-11-06

Post by ditdater Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:39 pm

cool, 67-70 g10 . as mentioned .my friend hasnt looked at it yet .he just mentioned camaro because he used 68 camaro master cylinder on swap for his 65 chevy 2 , which he completely built as one awesome gasser w/65 g10 straight axle ,called Tin Man. so, i was just getting a little info for him , as a head start.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:23 pm

and here is the rest of the story,,,,,

1st gen duel master cylinder swap info Brake_11

1st gen duel master cylinder swap info Brake_12

wdaguy likes this post

vrod64
    vrod64

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2013-07-20

Post by vrod64 Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:41 am

great stuff.

Thank you pirat 
    back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post by back2thewoods Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:43 pm

pic of tin man???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:21 am