VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

follow up on "whats this " -Instrument panel/alternator voltage regulator

hometeam
    hometeam

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2013-01-21

follow up on "whats this " -Instrument panel/alternator voltage regulator Empty follow up on "whats this " -Instrument panel/alternator voltage regulator

Post by hometeam Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:28 pm

where do i get an electronic alt/instrument voltage regulator. and how do i install.

i experienced the nightmare and fried my charging system wire from the alternator to behind the instrument panel.

just an fyi - while rewiring the system with all new wires and voltage regulator i would test the system and fry the wires each time. after several rewires my father asked if i was testing circuit with the instrument panel screwed in place to the dash? i responded no because i was was testing it before putting it all back together . he said thats why you were frying it over and over the instrument panel must be screwed back to the dash that is what grounds the instrument panel and voltage regulator circuit completely.

rewired it again - installed inst. panel - replaced alt fuse - installed a new regulator just to be on safe side - and no problems .

but i would like to go electronic if possible -
    any help would be helpful
    playnpossum
    playnpossum

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2014-02-17

follow up on "whats this " -Instrument panel/alternator voltage regulator Empty Re: follow up on "whats this " -Instrument panel/alternator voltage regulator

Post by playnpossum Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:24 am

your local napa store will have the replacement part.Part Number: ECH VR38 and you will also need ECH VRC38 the connector. These are Echlin parst That I run on mine and seem to work well. Someone on this site might know of a better way to go.

BoneMan
    BoneMan

Number of posts : 169
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

follow up on "whats this " -Instrument panel/alternator voltage regulator Empty Re: follow up on "whats this " -Instrument panel/alternator voltage regulator

Post by BoneMan Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:44 pm

cool. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery.  

Here's a thread I found worth bookmarking.  Very good troubleshooting tips/techniques info embedded within.  
    http://moparforums.com/forums/f84/msd-ignition-voltage-regulator-12180/

voltage drop testing...
    http://forums.moparmusclemagazine.com/70/9374415/general-mopar-technical-discussion/smoking-ballast-resistor/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 pm