VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+9
Joe Van
Big W
dix
66mnecotruck
millwright71
A100 Wrench
JariV
BoneMan
tower9
13 posters

Dodge A108 beach-cruiser/camper project

tower9
    tower9

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2014-01-03

Dodge A108 beach-cruiser/camper project - Page 2 Empty Re: Dodge A108 beach-cruiser/camper project

Post by tower9 Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:14 pm

yes the 12v accessory panel is wired to a deep cycle marine battery that sits under the rear platform bed in the storage area. (see pics above). I don't run anything extra off of the engine battery. I just have a stock alternator & I don't have any charging issues.
    edfields
    edfields

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2015-04-19

Dodge A108 beach-cruiser/camper project - Page 2 Empty Re: Dodge A108 beach-cruiser/camper project

Post by edfields Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Do you charge your second battery through a battery isolator off your alternator, or does it get recharged at home before a trip? Wondering how long the battery can last and what type of accessories you typically power.
    tower9
    tower9

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2014-01-03

Post by tower9 Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:19 pm

I charge it at home and it lasts throughout my entire stay. We only camp for 5 days at a time, but there is still plenty of juice when were done. We generally just charge phones / iPads, I have a 12v powered 12" - 14" diameter 3 speed fan I'll run as needed and I can also recharge the camp lantern if necessary. For me, if I was going to need to recharge the battery while out I was going to go the Solar panel route and set the panel on the roof of the van and run the line down through the side pop out window and keep it on trickle charge the whole time.
    edfields
    edfields

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2015-04-19

Post by edfields Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:07 pm

Great info - thanks.

My needs are similar, so I was planning on doing up an auxiliary power set up like this without compromising the engine battery. Glad to know it works good for multiple days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm