VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Twinpilot001
dodge man
dix
vanny
cryingclown
9 posters

Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper

cryingclown
    cryingclown

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2013-09-17

Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper Empty Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper

Post by cryingclown Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:51 am

Here are some pictures of model screenshots of my concepts for the interior of my (hopefully) project camper van. Let me know what you think!
    It includes a futon, that can convert to a bed, an area with a toilet that connects to a holding tank under the van, isolated by walls that aren't shown in the model (to maximize visibility of environment) a full kitchen area including a foot pump operated sink, propane stove, possibly a mini fridge attached to a deep cycle battery, which attaches to a solar array on top (already own the solar setup) and a sleeping loft.

Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper Full3d10[/url]
    Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper Full3d11
    Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper Full3d12
    Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper Full3d13
    Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper Full3d15
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper Empty Re: Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper

Post by vanny Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:19 am

Nice setup, all the comforts of home, or at least most of them! Looks like it would be a good vehicle to go on trips with and travel in style!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    cryingclown
    cryingclown

Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper Empty Re: Mockup Picures of potential Interior Designs for Dodge A108 Project Camper

Post by cryingclown Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:25 am

Yeah, that's what I'm tryin for, but while also having an area for lounging around and kickin' it. I was thinking of maybe having it so that the futon was more mechanical than wooden and could rotate 90° counterclockwise to face forward, then bolt down and have some seat belts, for extra passengers? And then could easily unbolt, or unhinge somehow.. And flip back to chillin location.. I have some genius metal fabricator /welder machinery friends who could help me design it! Ah the possibilities excite me haha
    @vanny
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:46 am

That's what's great about these vans. The many possibilities are only limited by your imagination! It's all part of the process of making it your own and bringing your visions to life. With so many different vans and interiors to scan on this site, you can pick and chose the things that you really like and apply them to your own van. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:19 am

I like where you are going with this, my thoughts are the post will take a lot of isle space away, can the upper bunk be supported left to right opposed to up and down.??? or maybe a hammock?? just trying 2 help...

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:03 am

or support the upper bunk with chains so it can be tilted up and out of the way when not in use, just an idea,
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:49 am

Ok !!-all u interior GURU's= nice thoughts! As I am building a camper/Travel van=I am planning for all cooking areas-sink,stove, storage areas=to be done like the Teardrop trailers have!=Everything in rear doors areas-all sliding out as to allow cooking & all in areas aft of actual van door areas! Still allowing for sleeping areas inside! with 2 rear facing capt's chairs so allowing seating for 4 total. Porta potty as to not need a holding tank.When its raining & I cant cook outside?? Its Motel & restaurant time=as ive had all the bad weather i ever need camping!! Remember -I am building a origionally equipped ="travel van" with aluminum -pop-top!! Side door area with a roll out awning and a small trailer tow behind for xtra stuff in needed. Still bilding and 2 years out . Happy Vannin!cheers 
    cryingclown
    cryingclown

Post by cryingclown Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:16 am

Good suggestions with the sleeping loft! The thing about that loft is that there will be curtains surrounding the toilet area, so that part of the Isle is already going to be taken up.. In front and next to the sofa I like the chain idea though! But the sleeping loft is supposed to be veryyy stable and not very movable or wobbly at all... Chains are good though!
    BillyBlaze
    BillyBlaze

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2013-08-15

Post by BillyBlaze Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:28 pm

looks sweet man. I have a futon I am also going to mount lengthwise on the driver side in my van and enclose the area under it for storage and that way I will have room to fire a motorcycle or mountain bike in on the pass side.

Wish I didn't suck at using the robot box and could layout some drawings for the inside and paint and stuff like you did bro nice job. Maybe i can get the 13 yr old kid next door to draw it up for me.... dam kidz showin off to Billy! LOL
    cryingclown
    cryingclown

Post by cryingclown Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:41 pm

@billyblaze yep totally, I can send you the van model, I found it on the Google sketchup online warehouse and popped the roof off, added the camper top and furnished it. My passenger side actually has a door on it, so e the area for anything, which cuts the kitchen short. This may allow for me to maybe add a desk for studying and computer work right behind the two front seats, parallel to the axle.
    BillyBlaze
    BillyBlaze

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2013-08-15

Post by BillyBlaze Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:47 pm

@ CC HAHA thanks bro but truthfully I struggle to even get pictures posted w/o cuttin them in half and crap so highly doubtfully I would be able to even open up whatever you would send me LOL
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Just my two cents worth, I've had slide-in camper with toilet/shower combo. It took up a lot of room and only got used to wash sand offf kids feet before bed. Yes I know it is convient but to me not worth the lost space. As far as the kitchen being out back, You could make brackets on the side to hold it during bad weather. My dad had built a self contained kitchen about three feet long x 1.5 wide x 1.5 tall. On one side the top opened up to the side and stored the stackable pots, paper plates. and oven mits. The rest of the top opened toward the rear, and had the propane stove. Under the stove, was the griddle and all silverware. Behind the stove was the aluminum foil, wax paper, ect. I fordet to mention the front of the box opened down and made a work surface. We normally just put it on the end of a picnic table, but it also had pipe flanges on the bottom,you could screw in 4 inch pipes and then used the folding legs to keep it away from table.It also had handles on the ends for carrying. We called it the coffin, and it worked very well. wish I still had it.
    67Dodger
    67Dodger

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2013-02-10

Post by 67Dodger Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:16 am

Looks good, but if I were you, I would turn the toilet around to accommodate a person.
    cryingclown
    cryingclown

Post by cryingclown Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:37 pm

67Dodger wrote:Looks good, but if I were you, I would turn the toilet around to accommodate a person.
    Haha good catch, yeah that might be important. Wink
    Gileadgarage
    Gileadgarage

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2013-09-11

Post by Gileadgarage Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Nice, looks like a good plan, but I might dump the potty (pun intended) and just bring a small porta potty if anything.

Don't forget that the gas tank is very close to floor if screwing stuff down, etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:45 pm