VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+9
Big W
BoneMan
Digz
jimthefred
Twinpilot001
Joe Van
Dawgboy
vanner68
slowrider
13 posters

MOST LIKELY TO BURN. And the winner is...

vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

MOST LIKELY TO BURN. And the winner is... - Page 2 Empty Re: MOST LIKELY TO BURN. And the winner is...

Post by vanner68 Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:09 am

drc wrote:Hey, I like that 8 track player! Who's on that tape, Steppenwolf?

MOST LIKELY TO BURN. And the winner is... - Page 2 CAM00592_zps06d4ed62
    [/quote]yup!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

MOST LIKELY TO BURN. And the winner is... - Page 2 Empty Re: MOST LIKELY TO BURN. And the winner is...

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:58 am

LIVERACHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
    slowrider
    slowrider

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2011-07-15

Post by slowrider Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:44 am

After looking at Big W and vanner 68s pics i dont feel so bad.I dont feel any better,just not as bad.Bone man, U da man.I looked at replacement wireing but the word universal scared me away. To me it implys that you need to know what youre doing.My van definetly needs to be rewired. At this point i was hopeing to get the feul gauge working proprly but as vanner 68 pointed out the voltage differences between the sender and guage i geuss thats not going to happen.I need to make a few 500 mile trips with my van.My willys wont make the freway speeds.I should have my car back on the road in a couple months.Thats when i hope to get the van in my garage to start rustoration and possably rewirwed if i can find a harnas that i can understand to install.
    slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:45 pm

Orderd a throtle cable to replace my broken one and remembered another guage issue.Cruiseing at 70mph i have to take my foot off the pedal to get an acurate temp reading.The guage will peg but drop back when i take my foot off.Ithink it has something to do with that floor block.
    Dawgboy
    Dawgboy

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Post by Dawgboy Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Look at the Ron Francis Harnesses, I was fairly happy with my new Harness. You can see install pics if you click on "Dawgvan" below.
    slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Dawgboy,went through your progress pics.Great work.You definetly have a better knowledge of electrical than i.All i really know abought wires is dont let the smoke out!Im going to the jefferson WI swap meet in april and hope to score some new guages there.Im hopeing to make my mind up on what type of wood im going to use on the dash by then. After that ill order some wires and hope to have the van down by june.
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Ive been selling and installing e EZ wire wiring harnesses for years. they are simple and give you all the necessary instructions and tech support, if needed. plus, the wires are color coded and labeled every 6'' so its easier to keep track of them. cant beat the price either. less than 200 bucks. never had one problem with any of them.
    Coop
    Coop

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2014-04-01

Post by Coop Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:20 am

OMG! What a mess affraid
    Coop
    Coop

Post by Coop Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:22 am

OMG! What a mess affraid
    Coop
    Coop

Post by Coop Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:23 am

Sorry new here I didn't mean to post twice
    slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:59 am

Thats ok coop,its so nasty it deserves repeating. lol! Welcome to the site. You will find the folks here very helpfull and inspireing.
    Coop
    Coop

Post by Coop Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks, happy to be here I'm waiting on the delivery of me new 1968 chevy g10 coming from Cali to New York. What a nightmare  Mad  I will post pic as soon as I get it.  Very Happy 
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Welcome to VV Coop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 am