VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

King pin & bushing part help

tower9
    tower9

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2014-01-03

King pin & bushing part help Empty King pin & bushing part help

Post by tower9 Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:55 am

I am going to be doing the king pins and bushing on my 67 A108 and I was wondering if anyone could explain the difference between the two different Raybestos sets that I see from RockAuto?
    Raybestos part #5301059 states that it is ball bearing & contains washer bearing and metal bushing ($43)

Raybestos part #5301044 states that it is bimetal bushing & contains ball bearing and metal bushing. ($53)

What I want to know is what is the better quality set? the one that says ball bearing contains washer bearing or the one that says bimetal bushing contains ball bearing.

They both are listed for the 67 A108 with the 2500lb axle. I am not very familiar with king pin sets other then the fact that I know I want the metal bushings as opposed to nylon. Any help in explanation / diff. between the two sets would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

King pin & bushing part help Empty Re: King pin & bushing part help

Post by dix Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm stumped I hope Rod can help you..

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2012-06-20

Post by lws67 Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:00 am

tower9 wrote:
    Raybestos part #5301059 states that it is ball bearing & contains washer bearing and metal bushing ($43)

Raybestos part #5301044 states that it is bimetal bushing & contains ball bearing and metal bushing. ($53)

I think they have an error in the listing of part#5301059. That one has thick bi-metal washer bearings vs part#5301044 which has a big ball bearing. The sets from NAPA are the same parts and in the first pic it shows the thick washer bearings (to the left and right of the spindle bronze bushings as well as to the left and right of the bolts) and the other pic shows the ball bearing (directly left and right of the king pins). I've got the ball bearing set yet to install. I think a ball bearing would be longer lasting than a thick washer so that's what I went with.

King pin & bushing part help Nwmdc11

King pin & bushing part help Nwmdc211
    tower9
    tower9

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2014-01-03

Post by tower9 Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Yeah, for a few bucks more I think ill end up going with the ball bearing set as well. Just hope its contains everything I need for the replacement. Thanks for the info

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:16 pm