VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+41
Magic Bus
Vanner63
AZ SuperVan
jrdunn96
whalemstr
Hip E van
Glazz74
Nacho
Tice84
cole63
mnghost
Hawgford
jimthefred
Abitibi
LoveCrimes
Casimier
VANagain
cali2chitown
Red Falcon
EcoPU
Big W
Space Truckin
'fish
FIZGIG
Carl
xjamesx
Twinpilot001
Barnabas
texasjohn
G-Man
mark-t
mothradeath
econopoor
Bruce67Econoline
CraigK
vanny
Ddavllc
bubbafrye
Seth G
EconoUSAparts
uante
45 posters

Brent's Van (uante)

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Empty Re: Brent's Van (uante)

Post by vanny Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Wow Brent, this is going to look really sharp inside. Also, I really like that Hearse-like Brougham trim piece (Not sure what the technical name is for it) on the rear upper panel. Gives it a nice classy look!!!

I really like the direction you're heading in..making it your own and there's not another one like it!
    Keep the updates coming....Love it!

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Brents10

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Thanks Vanny...
    The little piece is called a Landau. Those ones are off an old Thunderbird and I have another set with a bigger center circle that I'll probably switch to one day. But for now those are working good. The reason I went with them is they had them on the Spy Van I'm basing my van on.

Here's a picture of the old spy van

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Tv_van10
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:28 pm

That’s cool 😎. How cool would it be if someone from the show saw it and had their picture taken with you and the van? Maybe they’ll do a remake of the show and rent your van for it...

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    uante
    uante

Post by uante Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:03 pm

The only one from the show left alive is John Ericson and he's 91. I wrote him a couple years ago, but he's really private and doesn't respond to fan mail. Kind of hope they don't do a remake...they usually screw things up...i.e. Wild Wild West, Honeymooners, Starsky and Hutch.
    I watched that show as a kid and after rediscovering it whIle trying to decide what type of van I wanted, I picked the Econoline. It was a tough choice as each van has its cool aspects. I was kind of leaning towards the Ford because of the Vonage vans which got me started.
    uante
    uante

Post by uante Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Got my beefier, wider, wheel project done. Pretty happy to get that figured out finally. Also now have 3 of the 6 instrument panels in the rear completed. Once the other 3 panels are finished, I can trim out the rear of the van and move on to more fun stuff.

I decided to get the writing on the side of my van hand painted on, I found a guy at a car show who does it for a living and not too expensive. Originally I went with the magnetic sign to see if I could stand it on there, and as it turns out I really like it. In hind-sight the magnetic sign is a little cheesy and over priced but *shrugs* now so now it's going to be gone soon.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Wheel211

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 2027910
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:41 pm

You could become a Private Investigator, Brent P.I. ...Coming Soon to a Theater near you!!!

uante
    uante

Post by uante Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:49 pm

The Arizona Cardinals practice facility is about 2 miles from where I live...might make that my first spying gig. lol
    uante
    uante

Post by uante Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 pm

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 New_si10

Well its painted on now! No turning back... tongue

A 100 mile round trip drive on Phoenix Highways to get it done. Even with both trips on a Sunday, it was a hard to relax. People just want to go 80 in a 65 for some reason. Felt ok with my girlfriend covering my six in her car.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Looks Great Brent! Bet you got lots of Thumbs-UP!!!

uante
    uante

Post by uante Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Took my van to a car show last weekend. This is the first time with the Honey West theme almost complete. Although still haven't ran into anyone who knows the show...it generated a lot of interest and people saying they were going to look it up.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Spyvan13

Van parked in the grass and shade. Nice show with about 105 cars. It was for the Pioneer Park Save the Train event.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Bugs10

There's me telling a guy about the History of the van back when it was a Fire Fighter Vehicle. Also Amy's yellow 68 Convertible Bug and our green 65 Bug that her nephew drove to the show.  

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Guests10

Folks checking out the 'Spy Van'!

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Spyvan10

Instrument Panel complete enough for now. I have plans already for upgrades/adjustments, but that can wait until after I trim in the back and complete the other props.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Spyvan11

There weren't any back seats in the show, but what the heck, I like them back there. Got an vintage 8mm movie camera from eBay and an old tri-pod from a garage sale looking out the back window.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Spyvan12

Amy and I made a board with some explanation of the show that people could check out if they wanted to. Worked a lot better than me trying to show people pictures on my phone!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Nice setup Brent! I've never seen that show either...I wonder if the show is available on demand or if the show is available on DVD. I'll have to google it to see.

uante
    uante

Post by uante Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:09 pm

The best place to watch it is at a site called DailyMotion. Here's a link to an episode. It has pretty good quality. You can also watch it on Youtube, but it's not as good of quality for some reason.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrWp2jUxt9ahhEAOjWJzbkF?p=Honey+west+tv+show&fr=yfp-t&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Ai%2Cm%3Apivot#id=3&vid=c31fcfa9808622a06896a0a2ba94ac75&action=view
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:49 am

That was cool! Some of the still pics looks familiar to me and the intro to the show does too...I guess it's just a show I really didn't watch growing up. I watched one that they were getting into the van and driving off. You've done an excellent job in paying tribute to that van!!! Thanks for the link! She was ahead of her time being a strong independent woman!

uante
    uante

Post by uante Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:37 am

Thanks Vanny. I was probably 4 years old when I saw this show. My Mom used to sit me in front of the TV while she did laundry or something. I don't remember much but the intro and thinking "This isn't a Cartoon". Anyway it was enough to keep my interest and I watched. Forty-five years later while looking for Rat Patrol DVD's at Fry's Electronics I saw the Honey West DVD set and bought it watched a few and stuck it in a drawer. In 2014 when I decided I was finally going to buy a Van I remembered that show had an old Van so I watched them again and decided I'd get a Ford.
    Wasn't until later when trying to decide what I was going to do with it that I picked making a Spy Van replica/tribute. Thought it would be fun and shag carpet never really applied to me.

That show is widely thought of as ground breaking with a Female lead in a detective role. It was a spin off from a popular show at the time called "Burk's Law" and Honey and Sam's first Truck was actually an old 58 Ford Panel Truck, but when they got their own show, they went with a new Econoline because it had more space and side and back doors for filming.
    Anyway lotsa cool stuff and tie-ins when you do some research into old TV programs.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 939
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 am

uante wrote:Took my van to a car show last weekend. This is the first time with the Honey West theme almost complete. Although still haven't ran into anyone who knows the show...it generated a lot of interest and people saying they were going to look it up.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Spyvan13

Van parked in the grass and shade. Nice show with about 105 cars. It was for the Pioneer Park Save the Train event.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Bugs10

There's me telling a guy about the History of the van back when it was a Fire Fighter Vehicle. Also Amy's yellow 68 Convertible Bug and our green 65 Bug that her nephew drove to the show.  

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Guests10

Folks checking out the 'Spy Van'!

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Spyvan10

Instrument Panel complete enough for now. I have plans already for upgrades/adjustments, but that can wait until after I trim in the back and complete the other props.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Spyvan11

There weren't any back seats in the show, but what the heck, I like them back there. Got an vintage 8mm movie camera from eBay and an old tri-pod from a garage sale looking out the back window.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Spyvan12

Amy and I made a board with some explanation of the show that people could check out if they wanted to. Worked a lot better than me trying to show people pictures on my phone!
    I watch that show growing up! She was the coolest detective with a cat as a pet that was  not a leopard but maybe a Lynx? Honey West was the best show a little girl could watch! She was tough, beautiful-sexy and smart! And had a nice fur coat! Great theme!!
    uante
    uante

Post by uante Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:44 pm

I watch that show growing up! She was the coolest detective with a cat as a pet that was  not a leopard but maybe a Lynx? Honey West was the best show a little girl could watch! She was tough, beautiful-sexy and smart! And had a nice fur coat! Great theme!!

Thanks Jackie!

That's cool you remember it. You are the first to have said so emphatically. There have been a couple at the car shows who said they vaguely maybe remember it.

Anyway, the cat she had was named Bruce and it was an Ocelot. Probably not a good pet to have if you have a Parrot like I do! lol
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 939
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:51 am

uante wrote:

Thanks Jackie!

That's cool you remember it. You are the first to have said so emphatically. There have been a couple at the car shows who said they vaguely maybe remember it.

Anyway, the cat she had was named Bruce and it was an Ocelot. Probably not a good pet to have if you have a Parrot like I do! lol

Oh, yes Bruce, cool! I did not know my cats when I was a kid! Thanks for bringing up a great memory for me!
    Your van is cool... Honey would be proud! Spy cam and all! Cool
    uante
    uante

Post by uante Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 pm

"Streetside Classics" Car show today. Two pretty good shows in two weeks. Probably take a break for the holidays now though. Van was a Big Hit again. People seems to not only enjoy the Honey West angle, but also the real history of the van being a Fire Department vehicle.

It's fun talking with people about it, but the best part is the drive there and back! Smile

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Mine10

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Mine210

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Mine310
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Seems like every time we see it, more little added touches appear. Looks really great, Brent!
    cheers

uante
    uante

Post by uante Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:41 am

Thanks Vanny.

Next project in work is the periscope and can on top of the van. For the can I bought a pair of vintage 12" film cans from ebay and then was able to grab some 12" diameter PVC pipe from a construction site. The film can bottoms fit almost perfect with the PVC...I'll be painting it today if I have time.

Here's the Periscope can from the TV show. Kind of cheesy looking in the close-up. I guess they weren't too particular about this prop.

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Tv_van10

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Perisc10

uante
    uante

Post by uante Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Last Saturday won Best in Class for 58 - 83 Truck Original. I think I got lucky as the usual competition was at the "Good Guys" car show across town. But I'll take it!

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Van_at10

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Win_410

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Win_110
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:03 pm

Fantastic Brent!!!

Well deserved with all the work and effort you put into that van! cheers cheers cheers

uante
    uante

Post by uante Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Thanks Vanny....So my Girlfriend didn't like the pictures I took, she said why did you wear that Gilligan Hat! lol
    I was like, Because it was 6 hours out in the Sun!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:49 pm

The hat did it's job protecting your skin from the sun, good thinking little buddy!!!

Brent's Van (uante) - Page 15 Skippe10

uante
    uante

Post by uante Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:07 pm

LOL - Always one of my Favorites!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am