VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

A-100 vin decode source?

AeroMonte
    AeroMonte

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2013-11-30

A-100 vin decode source? Empty A-100 vin decode source?

Post by AeroMonte Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:08 am

Is there a source to help decode the vin on A-100 vans? I need to figure out what year van I have. The original vin plate was replaced by the State of Florida at some point and I can't get through to anyone there for help. I found a number and logo painted above the right shock mount on the engine side but it is barely readable. It has a dual master cylinder and round side reflectors so I'm thinking 1969 but I need to be exactly sure. I'm trying to get the title work straightened out. The Florida issued vin is FLA9671462*** if anybody can help with that. Thanks, Ed
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

A-100 vin decode source? Empty Re: A-100 vin decode source?

Post by dix Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:47 am

So far it sounds like a 69. (reflectors) on the corners , more photo's would help. where is the ingnition in the dash at ??? door and window handles , and vent window pivot point . we can try. there should be a number stamped in the frame on the pass, side in front or behind the shock. all we can do is try, as far as that flordia number that would be their own deal. and they would have some kind of info on it but i'd think they would not publish something like that.

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:50 am

Try vinwiz.com
    AeroMonte
    AeroMonte

Post by AeroMonte Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:35 pm

pics, ill try A-100 vin decode source? 02411 A-100 vin decode source? 02611
    AeroMonte
    AeroMonte

Post by AeroMonte Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:04 pm

This is what I found on the inside frame rail by the right shock mount. Nothing stamped A-100 vin decode source? 02110
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:23 pm

every thing is telling me it's a 69, the stamping in the frame is there and the numbers are not big, try some sand paper around the entire area, but the numbers will be there, remove the tire for better access

Post by AeroMonte Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Are the frame numbers stamped on the outside (tire side) or inside (engine side)? Anybody have a better pic of what is painted on my inside frame rail that I posted? The ignition switch is on the lower left corner of the dash
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm not sure what side it's stamped, with the ing switch location, the door /window handles the location of the vent window piviot, the brake light above the ingnition switch the door trim, and the 4 corners reflectors i'm saying it's a 1969 ..... but i can not help you with what was painted on the frame, it may be somthing Flordia d.m.v. did. I don't know,

Number of posts : 1148

Post by jkr Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:12 pm

everything looks like a 69. if the plate is gone it is gone. the number is completely made up by the state of florida. just my opinion. the stamped number also looks like something from a dmv or the likes of that. on some of these vehicles the vin was stamped into the frame rail on the right side. it is NOT real easy to find and harder to decipher if its there. i found about 4 numbers on my truck and thats all. no chance that the certi card is up by the glove box as it would be your only chance for the correct vin for the vehicle. certi cards were installed in a lot of chrysler vehicles for warranty purposes and could be anywhere but most, for a-series vehicles were rivited to the body inside the passenger compartment up under the dash by the glove box. just a small sleve about the size of a credit card.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:48 am