VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

crazy question...where does the wiring harness go through the floor at?

mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

crazy question...where does the wiring harness go through the floor at? Empty crazy question...where does the wiring harness go through the floor at?

Post by mothradeath Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:04 pm

i need to know. by the bright light switch or elsewhere? a pic would be great if anybody has one. haha. i thought i had every aspect covered...except that. thanks.
    -steve
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

crazy question...where does the wiring harness go through the floor at? Empty Re: crazy question...where does the wiring harness go through the floor at?

Post by Barnabas Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Which wiring harness? The only wires that goes through the floor near the bright switch is the parking light. The big wiring harness that goes to the back of the van goes up the A pillar and along the top edge of the van. Or are you looking for the wiring harness that goes to the engine?
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2013-11-07

crazy question...where does the wiring harness go through the floor at? Empty Re: crazy question...where does the wiring harness go through the floor at?

Post by Ddavllc Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Passenger side floor.. That's where mine is in 66 truck
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Post by mothradeath Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Yes.....the fat part of the harness that goes to the motor past the foot switch. Where is the entry point of the floor? Any pics? Thanks.
    -steev
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:00 pm

There is NO wiring "HARNESS" other than the one in front of the doghouse, some what in the middle but if offset in any direction to the passengers side. It ( as in HARNESS ) has a large round molded rubber plug that is injection molded onto the harness and encapsulates it.  There is a large dimple arrow shaped dimple in the floor that is covered by a sheet metal flap to protect it from foot wear.
     The parking lights are also injection encapsulating the wires and are pulled into place from the outside (light side itself ) and down into the floor board so that they cannot come out. The rear tail lights, license plate light, over head lights and gas gauge wires run up the drivers side windshield pillar, over the drivers window, one to the front cab over head light and then rear ward and down ward to another rubber sealing plug and under the rear of the truck. On the pickup the right rear tail light goes from one side of the truck to the other side by passing through the rear valance, on the vans it goes over head and then down to the passengers side tail light.

VIC

crazy question...where does the wiring harness go through the floor at? 100_2011
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Post by mothradeath Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:26 am

Ok. Yea...my harness still has the hole plugs. That pic helps out. I guess the harness comes down the drivers a-pillar then across where the floor and nose meet and into that hole. The problem is that I have had to rebuild all that and I was worried that if I didn't repli at it with my new floor the harness may not reach the points it needs to, but in all actuality, if got a longer harness to work with now since the floor is higher from the bodydrop. Thank you.
    -steev.
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:41 am

Yep,,,,   down the pillar, across the front nose to floor board seam and then down to and through the hole in the floor. It supplies the regulator, the horn, the windshield washer pump, alternator, starter solinoid, gauge sending units, etc. In the picture you can see how it then doubles back after tying into the regulator and the alternator, and then back across the truck past the master cylinder and then rear ward to the (also big six alternator on this side) solinoid and so on.
    vic

crazy question...where does the wiring harness go through the floor at? 100_1210
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Post by mothradeath Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:05 am

excellent! thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:52 am