VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Transmission change and engine rebuild

Leather & Steel
    Leather & Steel

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2013-08-30

Transmission change and engine rebuild Empty Transmission change and engine rebuild

Post by Leather & Steel Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 am

Hey guys, rolling my Vuck into the shop shortly to deal with an oil usage issue on the 289 hanging in it.... well I am at it I am considering a overdrive auto for it. What issues am I facing to swap the AOD in to it instead of the C4 thats hanging there now?
    I think I saw that someone on here is making a crossmember and cable shift for these as well?
    Also, anyone know what year(s) of auto overdrive I should be looking for to make the swap easier?

Vannin Ken
    Vannin Ken

Number of posts : 292
    Registration date : 2012-12-29

Transmission change and engine rebuild Empty Re: Transmission change and engine rebuild

Post by Vannin Ken Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:25 am

Old School (Vic) will chime in.. He's the guru of Econolines.
    Leather & Steel
    Leather & Steel

Transmission change and engine rebuild Empty Re: Transmission change and engine rebuild

Post by Leather & Steel Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks Ken, Vic?
    66 Surf Wagon
    66 Surf Wagon

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2012-09-24

Post by 66 Surf Wagon Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:07 am

Ken,

I am sure Vic will chime in eventually. You want the pre-computer AOD if that's what you are going for I think early eighties but Vic would know for sure. They should bolt up to the 289 no problem. Vic makes a tranny crossmember and the cable shifter setup as well. I am going to be putting a AOD behind a 250 inline six from a Maverick once I get a chance this winter season.

Matt
    Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

Post by Murdock Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:04 am

Leather & Steel
    Leather & Steel

Post by Leather & Steel Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks for the link - I must have missed this in my hunt.... will do some reading....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:28 am