VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Motor mount

travis4prez
    travis4prez

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2012-06-20

Motor mount Empty Motor mount

Post by travis4prez Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:29 pm

My van adventure story is moving along. I'm just about ready to drop the engine/trans back in. I would really like to do this right the first time so I'm looking for advice on motor & trans mount positions. The engine going in is a 360 out of a 99 Durango. The question is do the engine mounts go on the front or rear of the ears on the block and what does the trans mount look like when mounted properly? Its been too many years since I took it apart and the original block is gone. I really should have taken more pictures.
    Thanks
    travis
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Motor mount Empty Re: Motor mount

Post by dix Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Motor mount A100pi10
    travis4prez
    travis4prez

Post by travis4prez Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:52 pm

I do have the V8 mount on the frame. This rig came with a 360 in it. Full of water in the oil pan and other goodies like that....
    I'm looking for how the engine side of the mounts are arranged on the ears of the engine. I suppose I should also make sure that there is no difference between 1967 & 1999 as far as the mounts go as well. Not really sure which ones I have on there now. But they are painted....That means that I thought I had the right ones at the time.....
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:55 pm

There is an old saying for most Dodge engine brackets: You want them behind the ears, just like her legs!
    Problem is, the vans do NOT follow that adage. The driver side one is behind, the passenger side is in FRONT.
    They also never put a 360 in a van and the 318 left side ears are different than a 360.
    So I'd suggest a good strong hoist, a straight set of straps or chains, a selection of wood and a floor jack and if possible, a bare block so you can test fit and modify if needed so you have everything ready to make the swap bolt-in as easy as possible.

Google "318 and 360 engine brackets" for more info on the brackets. Remember that car and truck and van brackets are almost always different heights, so you gotta check that too when trying to get a part rather than cut and weld.
    travis4prez
    travis4prez

Post by travis4prez Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 am

Thank you, Mr. StRace. thats exactly what I was looking for. I'll definitely remember the analogy for any future projects.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:55 pm