VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Hydro boost power brake system on a100 ?

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Hydro boost power brake system on a100 ? Empty Hydro boost power brake system on a100 ?

Post by rustytoolss Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:23 am

Since I 've gotten my a100 . I looked at the location of the master cylinder (not any roon for a vacuum booster. But was thinking what would be the chances to install a GM HydroBoost from a chevy Astro van? just a thought . I have not yet looked into it. Just thinking it might work.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Hydro boost power brake system on a100 ? Empty Re: Hydro boost power brake system on a100 ?

Post by donivan65 Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:47 am

The Early Chevy vans use a HydroVac system,,,,,,,it sits away from the stock master cylinder and the output  line of the stock master cylinder runs into it then the brake line comes out of it to the wheel cylinders,,,,,but it is for a 1 line system not a dual line  but thats probably what you still got,,,,,,now my 78 Chevy Van has the HydroBoost,,,,,,,a power steering pump and a big control valve that sits between the master cylinder and brake pedal,,,,,so that system takes up a lot of room and the pedal is behind the control valve and master cylinder where as our vans have the pedal in front of the master cylinder,,,,,,I don't know if that Astro is much different,,,,,,,,
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Hydro boost power brake system on a100 ? Empty Re: Hydro boost power brake system on a100 ?

Post by donivan65 Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:51 am

Hydro boost power brake system on a100 ? Pictur14

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:12 pm