VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Vanish
bugeye bob
6 posters

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself

bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself Empty Hello, just wanted to introduce myself

Post by bugeye bob Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 am

Hi my name is Bob I recently purchased a 1966 Dodge A100 window van. I always thought these bugeye vans were the coolest even back when I started to drive, but a 1969 GTO had to come first but I knew someday I would get a A100. It's amazing that back in the late 60's and 70's you could get these for a couple hundred now you see them on Ebay for thousand if I would have know that I would have bought a corral of them back then. Mine has a slant 6 170 with a three on the tree. I wouldn't trade the slant 6 for anything as i also have a 71 Dodge Dart only it has the more powerful 225 (yeah right) but you can run these thing forever. Hope to start restoring soon. It has some minor rust, i'm most concerned about the rain gutters , it also has some small dents but it runs smooth unless the shifter acts up and won't shift than i stop go up front and wiggle the shift levers. This is a real cool site with a lot of info and some really neat picture.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself Empty Re: Hello, just wanted to introduce myself

Post by Vanish Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:23 am

Bob.... WELCOME IN !!!!!!! Great to have you here with us ......... Please Post up some Pic's of your van for us here we all like Pictures .... even feel free to got start your own gallery !!!!!!! ... again WELCOME IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself Empty Re: Hello, just wanted to introduce myself

Post by G-Man Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:27 am

Bob welcome to the forums!!!! Like Vanish said we like pic's

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:20 am

What up! Yea, post up some pics. I have to live through others rides right now.........................but I'm hopefull theres a flatty in my near future.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:40 am

Welcome aboard Bob!
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:08 am

Just want say 'Hi-dee' and welcome to forum.Glad to see another member south of the Mason-Dixon.Theres another member or two right in your area.
    Couple of things,these folks are more than willin to help with any questions or info.Another is they are crazy about pics.Seems like the more the better.Keeps everyones mind working.Oh yeah.... Go Braves! I was a fan when they had a guest book to sign.Free tickets with $10 groceries. Haaaaaaa
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:54 am

Welcome! Great story, and very cool name, sittin right their under your A's grille! Been to Hotlanta a few years back... very cool!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:56 am

bugeye bob,

I Just want say welcome to the show. I live just south of Atlanta in Stockbridge. If ya need and help just let me know.

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks alll for the welcome there are some cool vans on this site, fan of them all, A100 , G van's and econoline and even the corvair. Willl try to post some photos as the resto project rolls along.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Welcome to the site, from another Georgia Boy! I'm in Waynesboro "The Bird Dog Capital of the World"! sitting right here next to Augusta. You've found a great place to hang out. I too came back to vanning after a couple of hotrods, love the van more than any of the others.

Keep us posted on the progress!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:40 pm

welcome Bob, from another newbie here!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm