VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

More help on sin number( screwed )it's not there

More help on sin number( screwed )it's not there  Empty More help on sin number( screwed )it's not there

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:16 am

can anyone put on a picture of where the vin plate is can not find the one for shorty Shocked hope I did not buy a lemon Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil or is it located in extra places like the newer ones

Last edited by bobleverington on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

More help on sin number( screwed )it's not there  Empty Re: More help on sin number( screwed )it's not there

Post by dix Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:41 am

open up the drivers door it's on the top of the wheel well on the right side..

Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

More help on sin number( screwed )it's not there  Empty Re: More help on sin number( screwed )it's not there

Post by dix Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:44 am

More help on sin number( screwed )it's not there  06091310

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm screwed there is no vin tag Iknew I was not blind is there any other place on this boat anchor where it might be
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:35 pm

nothing that i'm aware of do you have a title???

Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:08 pm

the replacment vin tags have been on e-bay for a year now but today i can't find them... we can tell you what to stamp in every thing except the vin numbers hope that info is on your title...

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Post by jfox Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Just for the hell of it check under the r/h side of your glove box. They originally came with a small plastic registration holder. Not the tag but may have some info. Mine had an old card from 74 still in it.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:43 pm

The title I have is under garge forced sale garage keepers act no vin# just repair order # must be why I got it with all bodt work done in hi build primer for 500
    pittsdriver
    pittsdriver

Number of posts : 335
    Registration date : 2010-08-12

Post by pittsdriver Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:02 pm

I have one 66 A100 that is too far gone to restore but I do have a title and vin plate if you can't do it any other way. As far as I know the vin # isn't stamped any other place on the van. Don

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 pm

pittsdriver wrote:I have one 66 A100 that is too far gone to restore but I do have a title and vin plate if you can't do it any other way. As far as I know the vin # isn't stamped any other place on the van. Don
    Thanks Don I'm going to do some more digin around if that is my last resort I'l let you know.If you shred it please remove the tag.have to check very close into that,don't how I would get it from you I live in Canada.?????You just can't Mail those things you know but very interested in that tag
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:22 pm

you might have to buy a vin tag from an old van with the title and rivit it in place were it should be located,

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:45 pm

waiting to see what our Public Insurance says about a rebody of a car new vin plate and title is about the only way around this.Years ago you could just have a vin# on a bill of sale and insure your van, now it needs to be safetied and with being a tech who is lic to do that you have to see the vin plate on the car truck van etc.And you can't safety your own auto's anymore

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:23 pm