VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Harmonic balancer ? Please help !

gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Harmonic balancer ?  Please help ! Empty Harmonic balancer ? Please help !

Post by gkpost Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:55 am

Chevy six, 250 made around 67. How do you put on a new balancer? There is no nut, bolt, or theads in the crank. Is this a press on? if so can this be done at home ? Do I need a special tool?
    Thanks for any help. GK.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Harmonic balancer ?  Please help ! Empty Re: Harmonic balancer ? Please help !

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:09 am

Ihave one of Those=still!old style= before cranks were drilled. You must actually "Hammer" it on! NOW CAREFUL!!= I use a Compothane Hammer= That will kot transfer any Vibration -lessesns it!!= Thats the rubber /type hammer with ked shot inside- can get @ Harbor freight cheap!! Now!!= Always take like a 2 x 4 or larger -4 x 4piece of wood block - stsrt the balancer on the crank tith grease on the crank & inside the balancer!!= slowly "Hammer " the block on the balancer to get installed. When fully =pushed onto the crank - it will sound different & likely you can tell as when its fully on by where it fits before? cheers
    gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by gkpost Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 am

Good, and thanks. I have a couple snap on dead blow hammers that will do the job. I just like to ask before I "ass u me". Thanks again ~ GK.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:26 pm