VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Leaf Spring Shackles - RockAuto Brand Bigger?

NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Number of posts : 726
    Registration date : 2012-09-26

Leaf Spring Shackles - RockAuto Brand Bigger? Empty Leaf Spring Shackles - RockAuto Brand Bigger?

Post by NoBiggie Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Got a pair of leaf spring shackles in today from Rock Auto. These say they are for the 1967 Econolines. But they are bigger than the stock ones I took off.

The distance between the bolts is 4 1/2" on RockAuto, and 4" on the factory. Will it work ok being lower? I thought these were an exact match?

Has anyone used these? They may work in the front, but in the rear by the bumper it doesn't seem there is enough room.

Leaf Spring Shackles - RockAuto Brand Bigger? Rockauto_shackle

CarPartsDiscount has one it sells, does anyone know if it is a different size? Neither website gives dimensions. Guess I will have to call and see what the dimension is on the one below.

Here is the pic from Car Parts:
    Leaf Spring Shackles - RockAuto Brand Bigger? Ford_econoline_1967_shackle_assembly_oem_carpartsdiscount
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2012-07-01

Leaf Spring Shackles - RockAuto Brand Bigger? Empty Re: Leaf Spring Shackles - RockAuto Brand Bigger?

Post by Buzzard Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Hope everybody gets it, dont order anyhting from Rock Auto unless its a sure thing, if in question go to a parts store and pay a little bit more, I ended up paying $42.00 total in shipping cost for brake drums cause of there blunder, even asking what i tought was the correct questions
    NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Leaf Spring Shackles - RockAuto Brand Bigger? Empty Re: Leaf Spring Shackles - RockAuto Brand Bigger?

Post by NoBiggie Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Well, I thought there were threads here that said the Rock Auto shackles were a sure thing. Not blaming anyone, I should have called and had them measured. It's my fault for not checking. I will call the other place tomorrow and see if they will measure for me and let everyone know.

$138 for the Rock Auto. Will send them back if the others are the right size.
    NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Post by NoBiggie Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm going to call springsnthings.com too, they have them listed but it says to call.
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2012-07-01

Post by Buzzard Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm

I hope you get your money back i didnt, there out was the disclamer at the bottom of there page for drums even though ther customer service guy said the drums i ordered were correct, i even told them names and everything that was said. Will never order again from them again
    NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Post by NoBiggie Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 am

Just an update, I went ahead and ordered the Car Parts Discount shackles and bushings and they are an exact match. The RockAuto's were too long by 1/2".

This is the link:
    Car Parts Shackles

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 am