VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

axel rating for 67 heavy duty ext lenght van

Buzzard
    Buzzard

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2012-07-01

axel rating for 67 heavy duty ext lenght van Empty axel rating for 67 heavy duty ext lenght van

Post by Buzzard Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:18 pm

received my rear drums from rock auto and there too small, my pads are in the rear are 2 1/2 wide the drums i ordered are for a 2300 rear axel. The info for the drums i ordered never mention friction dia like they do for there front drums. Customer service says the 2300 axel is standard for these vans. If im wrong i have to eat the shipping cost unless i can prove them wrong that the 67 has a heavier axel rating
    Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

axel rating for 67 heavy duty ext lenght van Empty Re: axel rating for 67 heavy duty ext lenght van

Post by Murdock Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 pm

There were two ratings, 2300 and 3000 lbs. I'm not sure which was more common. You definitely have the 3000lb.
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2012-07-01

axel rating for 67 heavy duty ext lenght van Empty Re: axel rating for 67 heavy duty ext lenght van

Post by Buzzard Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:58 am

Thank you for the info, crazy thing is i saw the listing for front drums that are the correct size and customer service said they were front only finned or not finned. Now they say they dont even carry the correct size for the rear...tried to save a couple of bucks and now i guess ill have to go through a parts store, at least i now know correct rear drum size. Again thank you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 pm