VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+7
Joe Van
dan nachel
dix
Digz
pan58head
RodStRace
Bear
11 posters

farther & son project 66 no-door

Bear
    Bear

Number of posts : 849
    Registration date : 2010-11-23

farther & son project  66 no-door - Page 3 Empty Re: farther & son project 66 no-door

Post by Bear Sat May 04, 2013 5:18 pm

farther & son project  66 no-door - Page 3 00712
    Bear
    Bear

farther & son project  66 no-door - Page 3 Empty Re: farther & son project 66 no-door

Post by Bear Sat May 04, 2013 5:19 pm

farther & son project  66 no-door - Page 3 00810
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat May 04, 2013 5:37 pm

That's a big part of the job for sure. You can always hang the engine and put the X member in separately if that would be easier. My 65 had the same style alternator on it. High Output? lol
    Bear
    Bear

Post by Bear Sat May 04, 2013 6:12 pm

i though about doing that but it scares the hell out of me with all that motor hanging there wile trying to mount the motor cradel. i,ll man up l.o.l when the time comes,
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat May 04, 2013 6:33 pm

I bet it is a little different with a No-door ! Move faster !! Smile . With 2 ppl tho you shouldn't have get right under anything to get the bolts started. Getting the front of the van a little higher and getting those tires out of the way would help you alot.
    Bear
    Bear

Post by Bear Sun May 05, 2013 4:47 am

once i got the motor off the springs and on the ground i put the picker on the frount frame rails picked up the frount of the van.the nice thing about those i-lines with the trans still on sit up good and level on there own i then pulled off the motor cradel mike kicked the motor on its side and drug it out with my other son
    Bear
    Bear

Post by Bear Tue May 07, 2013 3:11 pm

took a break to rest my shoulders last few days made a few phone calls today found a place not too far from me who for around 400,00 will medea blast hole inside and underneath of van man said he can do it in two weeks so thats my plan in the mean time guess i will start putting my 283 motor and trans togther so there ready to drop in once i weld up and patch inside and primer sealer it. is there anything i should spray on bear medal besides that ??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:36 am