VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
G-Man
zbermen
6 posters

1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project

zbermen
    zbermen

Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2011-02-03

1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project Empty 1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project

Post by zbermen Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:01 pm

[img]https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project 00117[/img][img]https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project 00116[/img][img]https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project 02535[/img]This is a Desert Van I purchase in Las vegas,Nv.It was sold new in vegas and I`m the third owner.Its in
    excellent shape.It still had the original springtime yellow finish and I plan on painting it the same color.I have painted the
    dashboard already and finish the outside body work and ready for paint.I plan on painting the rest of the interior the same.The
    stock 240 engine is completely rebuilt.I decided to mate it to a 67 C-4 automatic with all the stock linkage from my 67
    heavy duty van. I already finish restoring the doghouse and heater box.I also have the rear optional bench seat. I plan on
    using.It has all the hardware for it.I love the left side doors on the van.I thought this was rare, untill I went to a
    econo meet in CA and saw about six of them.Still very rare in vegas.I purchase from a friend some time ago the outside NOS
    chrome mirrors.I started buying parts for this van about 5 years ago.The van has been in my backyard .I`ve had other
    projects going on including a complete stock restortion on a 62 ranchero.And my 8 year restoration on a 61 econo pickup.I`ve
    always own a early econoline from the past 30 years.I really love the sixtys trucks.If its ok I like to keep posting the work
    progress on the van .Steve

1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project Empty Re: 1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:14 pm

We look forwards to seeing you pics and welcome to the forums.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project Empty Re: 1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project

Post by G-Man Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Great looking van and thank you for the pictures
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm

1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project Welcom12 . . . to the site!

Nice van you have there. Keep us posted.
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 pm

We love having you here..... we can't get enough econo pix....and there are a bunch of old van lovers here if you need help..
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Welcome to the group. There are a lot of great people here that are always quick to help others. Welcome to the eight door club as well. I have a 67 eight door that I'm working on myself. Unfortunately mine didn't come from the dessert. I'm having to work thru some rust issues.

1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project DSC07194-vi

Duane in Tennessee.
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:38 pm

great looking van keep the pics coming wecome
    zbermen
    zbermen

Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2011-02-03

1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project Empty 1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project

Post by zbermen Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 pm

[img]https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project 03211[/img]Thanks for all the support.Its great to meet other Van and pickup enthusiast.I like seeing these old vehicles still
    on the road.This is my 67 van that I took the C-4 out of that I`m putting in the 8-door Van.and including the wheels.I
    saved this van from the wrecking yard.And decided to I paint it myself and do some rechroming.It was mostly my paint Van.
    And I enjoyed it for many years intill it was hit head on.Needless to say it was never the same.I salvage the parts I could,
    knowing it would keep other Vans running.All you can do is keep moving forward and never regret what happen.The Van was
    parked and know one was in the Van when it happen.I`ll keep on sending photos of the 8-door progress.I`m sending
    the radiator to the shop ,including the gas tank to have it hot tank this week.And thanks again for all the support.Steve
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Is dat a Tweety Bird I saw?? Very Happy

Nice 67 HD. Shame it had to get hit. I have a 67 HD out back as well, I'm sitting on it for a friend until he gets his 67 HD PU done then this will be his next project. Both are 67 narrow trim HD's so he will have a matched pair. It looks crappy in the pics but it's just a cheap paint job flaking off. Pretty nice for this area. Again, No desert truck.

Keep us posted on your progress.

1965 Econoline 8- Door Stock Restoration Project DSC05951-vi

Duane in Tennessee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:50 pm