VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

clutch release lever retracting spring

gttmike
    gttmike

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2012-08-14

clutch release lever retracting spring Empty clutch release lever retracting spring

Post by gttmike Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Help!!! i have 64 E100 4spd with clutch problems not releasing all the way? it feels like im taking off in 2nd gear! got the shop manual supplement today and it talks about clutch release lever retracting spring? i see the hole at the end of the lever, but does anyone have photos of where the spring goes or experience of solving the problem.. new clutch pressure plate and bearings according ton the guy i bought the van from.. thx
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

clutch release lever retracting spring Empty Re: clutch release lever retracting spring

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 am

I don't have any pics, sorry, and I've moved mine a couple of time so not really sure exactly where it goes. One can get about a six pack of generic spring at the "Help" section at most box auto stores. Pick a place to pull the spring about a right angle from the hole in the end of the lever, pull it pretty tight and the appropriate place to mount should appear. I don't thing specific tension or mount (as long as it does not interfere) is a big deal there. Good luck and I hope somebody else can lend more specifics.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12245
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

clutch release lever retracting spring Empty Re: clutch release lever retracting spring

Post by donivan65 Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 am

That spring just kind of keeps the throw out bearing from rattling,,,,and if you say you feel like you are taking off in 2nd gear, you probably are,,,,,the linkage could be out of adjustment and not shifting the transmission correctly even though the shift lever on the column says you are,,,,or is the clutch slipping,,,,,is the clutch adjusted right,,,,,you have 4 speeds,,,,,1/2,,,1,,, 2 and 3rd,,,,what part of town are you in,,,,,

clutch release lever retracting spring Ford_c11
    gttmike
    gttmike

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2012-08-14

Post by gttmike Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:28 pm

im in miramar
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Devimau, as well as VanAgains , locked up in Body Shop jail Chevy, are close to Harbor Freight tools by you......Brian the Ford guy is also out there,,,,,
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:56 am

We will be having a van meet in the parking lot of the High School car show in Vista, on Melrose street, Sunday,Oct 7th,,,around noon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:04 pm