VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
RipVanArkie
Nightmoves
donivan65
wideload
8 posters

66 wiring diagram ????

wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

66 wiring diagram ???? Empty 66 wiring diagram ????

Post by wideload Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:53 pm

On the 66 wiring diagram there are three wires coming off of the A.C. Gen. One is 12 ga. R, one is 20 ga. DBL. . What is the third wire, 20 ga.??

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

66 wiring diagram ???? Empty Re: 66 wiring diagram ????

Post by donivan65 Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:21 pm

That goes to the #2 terminal on the regulator to turn it on,,,,,,it's a 20 gauge wire,,,,,and they used to call it color N for natural,,,,or ,,,,,,tan
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by wideload Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:06 am

Thanks Don!!!!!! I've been playing with colorizing the wiring diagram and that one tricked me.

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:35 am

hey,,,,,,quit playing and rip out those wires and convert yours over to the newer internal regulator type alternator,,,,,,,
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by wideload Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:45 pm

I'm not playing (even though that's what I said)!!!!!!!!!! Laughing This is serious stuff! Working on one of the vans is easy compared to this computer s**t. Besides I'm not sure that it hasn't already got one of the newer alt's on it.(I haven't really looked but I haven't noticed a voltage reg. hanging around in there) I'm trying to make a colorized wiring diagram like the one I've got for the 67. Seems that no one has done that before. It gives me something to do ,van related, while I'm watching all the reruns on TV at night.
    I did make some progress on the 66 today. Going to post some pic's in a little.

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:00 pm

Hey WL...thanks for the two page,diagram for 2nd.gen.I'll print it then get it laminated.Then I can spill all kinds of stuff on it,then just wipe it off like the Waffle House menu.Ha !!Its large enuf these 40+ eyes can see.Preciate it man ! If'n only somebody had a colorized 1st gen.wiring diagram already made up,we'd all be tickled. Laughing
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by wideload Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:14 pm

I'm working on a 66 diagram but it's slow. First time I've done anything with the paint program. I'm pretty sure the 65 is different and I don't have a 64.
    Moe how did your son's graduation and the trip up and back go?

RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Hey mike and nightmoves, when are you guys going to decide to come to AR for the Labor Day week evant? Both of you are close enough, of course if you're going to Taz's I understand. My Chevy gets lonely around all them Fords!

Later,
    Rip
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by wideload Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:41 am

Rip I'm not going to promise but I might try to make the next one and combine it with a trip to my cousins place in Shreveport La. That's where I was going when I tried to meet up with you last year but you had to go to Conway Ark. for something the same time I was coming through. What town do they have the evant in?

RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:01 am

Its at Petit Jean State Park, outside of Morrilton, AR. About 30 miles off I40. Most of us camp about 5 days.

Later,
    Rip
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:12 pm

Hey Rip,that'd be a cool ride/trip to make.I'll have to see how far the 'Laundy Basket(case)' has come along by then.But if the mechanicals are right,there's nothin holdin me back for a road trip.I don't know if a five day tour could be done,but a weekend thing would be cool,as long as you dont wear the porkipine things on your head like you pic your had the other day!Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! jus kiddin bro, Razz Smile
    ViewMaster
    ViewMaster

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post by ViewMaster Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:34 am

Wideload, It would be quite hard to colorize and restore in Paint so I started working on it for you Flat Glassers.
    I am not familar with their wiring as well though and could use someone like Donivan to proof it. I definitly guess on the jumper on the back of the fuse box that feeds the flasher and made it pink. Here is the first page.
    It will be twice this size for good print quality. Click on the picture to enlarge.
    66 wiring diagram ???? 66wire1qh6.th
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by wideload Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:02 am

Thanks a bunch Carl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've already spent a bunch of hours on this project and it's been a learning experience all the way. First time I've tried anything like this on a puter. I started with the rear section of the diagram. Still needs some more cleanup (it's not near as nice as yours). What program do you use?
    Here's what I've got so far.

66 wiring diagram ???? 66_wir10
    I'm not real fimilar with the flat glass wiring either. That's why I wanted a color diag. Got lots of work to do on the 66. We'll have to get Don's OK of the diagram and that way if there's any mistakes it will be his fault. lol!
    Have you looked at the 65 diagram? I think its different, or at least it looked different at the first glance.

wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by wideload Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:23 am

Carl I printed a copy of your first page. It turned out EXCELLENT. Wish I was that talented with a computer.

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:38 pm

carl I can never get these to fully print??? I know enough about computers to be dangerous.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey Chris ,, , I just saved it a folder, then opened it up and ya have to print it like you would a full page picture. worked great!
    Of course it took me 3 tries and some scrapped ink to figure it out,, geek
    ViewMaster
    ViewMaster

Post by ViewMaster Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Wideload, your welcome and thank-you. The 2nd gen colorized wiring diagram is what I cut my teeth on using Adobe's Photoshop. This program is the professional's standard for working with images and you really should take some classes to learn how to use it or you may lose a lot of hair (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Wink I think I've come a long way over the years but there is soooo much to it that you always have something to learn.
    Chris, try to wait for the final version. I see 2 typos already and want to do a little more image detail and like to label the fuse box. Does the fuse box have the circuit description and amp rating on it?
    Besides, the higher resolution will help the shading make it look like the wires are actually sitting on the page. Laughing
    66 wiring diagram ???? 66wire10
    I see things that need some attention in this picture Crying or Very sad
    Meanwhile gather some heavy weight card stock paper; 2” clear packing tape; and clear laminate sheeting.
    As for having problems printing, I’m guessing that you are using Paint in the default settings and when you go to print all you get is a huge thing that takes 4 pages to print. So I hope these pictures help.
    Select print and choose your printer and then select preferences.
    66 wiring diagram ???? Printi11
    This opens another window with the software for your printer. Select photo for high quality and paper type, etc. and apply. don't print yet.
    Then open page set-up.
    66 wiring diagram ???? Printi12
    Here is where you will hopefully solve the problem.
    66 wiring diagram ???? Printi13
    Try to zero out all of the margins and it will put in the smallest allowed by your printer.
    And in Scaling make it - Fit to: 1 by 1 page(s)
    Then OK
    66 wiring diagram ???? Printi14
    Now go to print preview where hopefully you see the entire image on one paper like this.
    66 wiring diagram ???? Printi15
    Then hit Print and cross your fingers. cheers
    Hope this helps.
    66 wiring diagram ???? 66wire-1animation
    I have a tendency to not stop playing with it.
    I'm pretty much blind now and even my hands are numb. Cool
    ViewMaster
    ViewMaster

Post by ViewMaster Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Almost done with this, I still have a few questions though. Along with the previous stated questions about the fuse box labeling and fuse sizes, I like to know if both the water temperature and oil pressure sensors are connected to the same pin on engine side of the under the seat connection, because there isn’t separate lamps at the instrument panel? Also the #20 brown for the charging circuit, which pin does it really go in? Is it like in the front half (upper pin) or like the rear half (lower pin)?
    66 wiring diagram ???? 66wire1and24webthumbtu3
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Looks good Carl. Let us know when you're finished. wideload and yourself have been kind enough to give me directions how to print this, but still had trouble. Carl I was able to print it when you set it up as differant sheets. It would be great if you could do that again when you're finished with this one.
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by wideload Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Carl on the diag. I have it appears that the temp. and oil sending units hook to the same pin on the engine side of the plug then leave the plug on the other side as a DBL and go to the warning (oil/temp) bulb.

Not sure about the BRN wire from the volt reg. On my diagram the pins the BRN wire hooks to don't appear to match up at the plug. I don't think I can help by actually looking at the plug because I know it's been removed on my 65 and I think it has on the 66 also. I'll check tomorrow to make sure.

By the way, what you've done so far looks excellent!!!!!!!!!!! If those are the only glitches in it, I think we could live with that.

ViewMaster
    ViewMaster

Post by ViewMaster Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:44 am

Thanks to Savage of VCVC.org for coming through with the missing pieces. He also brought to my attention that this isn't really for a 66 since it doesn't have a the back-up lights circuit on it. I looked at adding it to this but it became too much.
    So try this link for a pdf of it. When you print it don't shrink it to fit the printing area. Here is a bad picture of it laminated.
    66 wiring diagram ???? Imga2125bg6
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by wideload Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:17 pm

Great job Carl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you need a flatglass so you can use the diagram.

savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Mike you ever get the wiring on your 66 Sportvan figured out??/ Hows you project coming along??
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by wideload Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:38 am

Haven't even started on it Tom. Still trying to get the tree limbs cleaned up before the grass starts growing. The 66 is waiting on jack stands in the garage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 am