VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Blue Oval Cruise

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Blue Oval Cruise Empty Blue Oval Cruise

Post by econopoor Sun May 13, 2012 6:34 pm

We went down to Tupelo MS Friday and met up with about fifty others at the Museum of Automobiles.

Blue Oval Cruise DSC01499-vi

From there everybody drove about an hour up to Holly Springs MS to tour George Poteet's ranch. BTW, those are real Shelbys behind me. I hope I didn't get any oil on them from my little 170.

Blue Oval Cruise DSC01509-vi

Here George has eight buildings with well over a hundred of the finest cars you will ever find.

Blue Oval Cruise DSC01530-vi

I met up with Eric Duffel(eric67vanpickup) at George's. He lives in Mississippi. He drove over in his 67 eight door. If any of you ever get the chance to see this collection I would highly recommend it. It was WOW!!!! I've seen a lot but this just blew it all out of the water. Every car was cool. Really nice stuff. His vintage wheel collection is worth more than all my junk put together. Racks upon racks of them.

Blue Oval Cruise DSC01607-vi

George got there about the time we got to the last building. This is the one with his high end show cars. I can get along with George. 61 Starlinners and Sunlinners are some of my favorite cars. This matching pair is incredible. Both have SOHC 427's in them. My favorite engine too. Way out of my league but both are beautiful. George is a really nice guy. He treats everybody he meets like a friend.

Blue Oval Cruise DSC01623-vi

After seeing the collection, George took everybody out for burgers. This is his favorite spot. Phillips Grocery in Holly Springs. Building dates back to the mid 1800's It's been in this family since 1948. Good burger.

Blue Oval Cruise DSC01624-vi

Across the street is this very cool old railroad depot. I love old buildings almost as much as old cars. Put the two together and it's a great photo op!!

Blue Oval Cruise DSC01710-vi

Cruised on back to Tupelo that evening. Got up Saturday for a show back at the Museum. Took the tour of the collection. Nice, Lots of brass era cars. No vans. Still a very nice collection. We got fed again on Saturday. Excellent BBQ pork and chicken. George even came by to serve us some home made ice cream made with his hit and miss John Deere engine. Had a great time, Saw some old friends, Met a bunch of new ones. Saw some of the finest cars in the world. Sure was an overload. That's a lot to take in.

Duane in Tennessee.

For look at some of George's collection visit his site.

George's Camel Toe Racing web page.

Last edited by econopoor on Mon May 14, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Blue Oval Cruise Empty Re: Blue Oval Cruise

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Great looking stuff, must have been a blast!! Thanks for the pictures!! JP
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sun May 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Gotta love a never ending car show. Looks like one heck of a great time. And yes..thanks for the great pics.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Mon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Looks like y'all had a blast!
    I too thank you for sharing the pics.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Mon May 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Looks like ya did have a good time,Duane.Love them old Starliners too.I bet you were cruisin on cloud nine.Thanks for the pics bud.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:51 pm