VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Nightmoves
RodStRace
dix
slowflapper
Admin
9 posters

Is your interior what the Discovery Channel is looking for?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Is your interior what the Discovery Channel is looking for? Empty Is your interior what the Discovery Channel is looking for?

Post by Admin Thu May 10, 2012 11:22 am

Hi Chebby -

My name is Jason Wright and I am the Associate Producer on a new series for Discovery Channel called "Fast N' Loud". I'm on the search to find photos of cool van interiors to feature on the program. I came across your site and wondered if you were had any images that we might be able to use that featured the over the top decorating or disco/shag carpeted motifs.

Feel free to contact me at my number below with any questions.

Many thanks!

Jason

Jason Wright
    Associate Producer
    Pilgrim Studios
    12020 Chandler Blvd., Suite 200
    North Hollywood, CA 91607
    Phone: 818-478-4612
    Fax: 818-478-4605
    jwright@pilgrimstudios.com
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Is your interior what the Discovery Channel is looking for? Empty Re: Is your interior what the Discovery Channel is looking for?

Post by slowflapper Thu May 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Nice Cool

Sadly my dream interior has not yet been completed. Still bare bones until the body work is done.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Is your interior what the Discovery Channel is looking for? Empty Re: Is your interior what the Discovery Channel is looking for?

Post by dix Thu May 10, 2012 3:38 pm

that person is out of touch. shag and disco what's up with that ?????????

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Thu May 10, 2012 5:19 pm

He is an associate producer looking for a stereotype to fit in the show. You can take that as bad or good. He reached out to a "Vintage Vans" site. Seems like he's using the resources he can find. It's a Discovery show, so you can take that as bad or good too. They are looking for photos, so at least you are safer than if it was Nickelodeon and they wanted you to bring the van to the awards show!

http://www.nick.com/games/kca-slime-task-force.html

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 pm

yea but disco???? what would disco any anything vannin have in common, does any one here wear platform shoes and big bell bottoms. yes i was vannin back in the 70's . the closest i came to disco was drinking to much and tripping over a fire ring and trying not to fall down or spill my beer.....

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Thu May 10, 2012 6:21 pm

I agree, but an AP is probably under 30 and has only a limited understanding of the era.
    Most vanners would be playing rock or country. Disco lovers were mostly rockin the GM luxo barges or F-bodies...
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Thu May 10, 2012 6:29 pm

...and had hoods.

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 5:26 am

It doesn't scream DISCO... Maybe Disco Duck hunting... Very Happy

Is your interior what the Discovery Channel is looking for? 12-26-11009
    And just to be clear on this, disco still sucks...it always has..
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri May 11, 2012 6:31 am

well Guys - in 64 - love the music of country, rock & Roll and yes even the disco beat!! The only place in the world that isnt into disco is the good ol USA now -that music is all over europe & asia and many parts elsewhere. Want to drive a taliban nuts - play disco very loud!! Remember = "Good Morning Vietnam??" affraid
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Fri May 11, 2012 7:30 am

to be fair, we do have disco here too. what happened is that DISCO became a bad word here. but disco comes from a more common word in europe discotheque. and that is what they call a dance club… we still have clubs where people dance to music, even here in austin tx, the live music capital of the world. and the music they play can be called disco, even though most people would grimace at that fact.

dub step, that’s the new disco music craze. my 8 yo son recently played a skrillex (dub step artist) song for his school, but it’s been slowed down for piano. yep, disco is alive and well in the usa, it’s just evolved like most other forms of popular music

dub step (dance music/disco) version below

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Fri May 11, 2012 10:28 am

well I guess if any of you has an "over the top" interior in your van, it would be a good time to show this guy what it's REALLY all about these days Wink
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Is your interior what the Discovery Channel is looking for? Campin13 hardly over the top but looks good and i use it. when i finish it, i will skip right past the disco era and back to the '60's. that pic is a year old. i currently have blacklights, tie die curtain and rear seat and tie dye spiral carpet. still not over the top but i will post a pic after i clear all the junk.
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Fri May 11, 2012 4:25 pm

if they want something wild, they should show that mural from the van that was on ebay recently, where the cavemen were eating each other, snorting powder of the rock and one had a KFC bucket on his junk, and there certainly was dancing to music… coulda' been hillbilly disco. the “SLAYER”! I laughed for days after looking at it. that was awesome and worthy of a discovery channel prime time feature.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 pm

It's all about Hip Hop now & the Boom Boom Boom music

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:35 pm