VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
Roman
Twinpilot001
kookykrispy
HandiVanMan
dix
RodStRace
Space Truckin
BILLS66
jrinaman
Vanish
14 posters

Just wondering if there's a Newer van You Would Own ???

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Just wondering  if there's a Newer van You Would  Own ???  Empty Just wondering if there's a Newer van You Would Own ???

Post by Vanish Wed May 02, 2012 6:51 pm

I was wondering ??? Yep we all Like Earlys !!!! But is there a Newer Van that you Would Like to own ??? or Drive ???

jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Just wondering  if there's a Newer van You Would  Own ???  Empty Re: Just wondering if there's a Newer van You Would Own ???

Post by jrinaman Wed May 02, 2012 6:59 pm

i really like my '64 but if i had to pick a newer van, it would be a '65 or '66.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Just wondering  if there's a Newer van You Would  Own ???  Empty Re: Just wondering if there's a Newer van You Would Own ???

Post by BILLS66 Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Bill,If you are talking about something newer /more current
    NO but I drive a 66 so a second gen or early 3rd gen shorty
    would be my only other choice . Bill
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin Wed May 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Absolutely would love to have a 73 Chevy shorty , have forever thought they were the best looking 3rd gen . Black w 350/350 , no rear/side windows , N50-15's and of course 4 into 1 side pipes . And lastly 2 original Super Scoops in dark smoke in the rear ( no astro vents !! )
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Wed May 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Well I was Thinking 3 erd Gen Pre smog !!!! 71 to 75 ............

BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Wed May 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Space Truckin While given the choice no 3rd gen could ever replace my 66 panel I think you just made me cry! Bill
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin Wed May 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Don't get me wrong I LOVE our earlies , Vanish asked if there was a newer Van we would own , I have always Loved 3rd gen Chevys can you say creature features a.c, power steering , power brakes etc.etc the list goes on .And by the way I could have put a dagger in yourand said 3rd gen Ford . LOL
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Wed May 02, 2012 8:40 pm

dont forget about the dodge caravan.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 pm

In addition to the earlys I own, I also have a 74, 86, 87, 89 and a 2002! I drove the 02 tonight. The 89 is also a runner, the others are mobile storage sheds! Razz
    The '02 is going towards the Japanese-style Dajiban. Lowered and fat wheels/tires.
    That's the 02 and 89 along with the 108 before paint and decals.
    Just wondering  if there's a Newer van You Would  Own ???  IMG_1410
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Nice Line up Rod !!!!!

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks Vanish!
    I've posted that pic before, but it always seems to get noticed. Laughing
    Dajiban style
    Thread about them
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4713713-Vans-(Dajiban)-are-the-HOT-SHIZ-in-Japanland-I-guess
    Just wondering  if there's a Newer van You Would  Own ???  4245231707_11f80f47fc_o
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 pm

yes, ive seen it before too. 4 different vans, all in white, nice collection.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8735
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Thu May 03, 2012 4:03 pm

i've owned a 73. 77. 89. and a 97 dodge and enjoyed them all. if i would buy a newer 1 now it would be factory air,

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Thu May 03, 2012 4:16 pm

We owned a 1986 Chevy Choo Choo custom van. It rode like a Cadillac!!!
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Thu May 03, 2012 9:35 pm

jrinaman wrote:i really like my '64 but if i had to pick a newer van, it would be a '65 or '66.

cheers

could not have said it better!!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri May 04, 2012 6:06 am

Yes - likely a 1970?? Thats late enough-i have an 82chev for years =likely in a year will use parts from that on my 2nd gen for mods.
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Fri May 04, 2012 8:20 am

Just wondering  if there's a Newer van You Would  Own ???  Dscf2412
    I miss my Eurovan!!
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Mon May 07, 2012 10:14 am

Ive had several full size vans over the years. Conversion vans are the only way to take a road trip Smile

I'd like to have a nice 70's conversion van though.

also, I'd really like to have one of those 4x4 Toyota vans they made back in the 80's to use for a hunting wagon Cool
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 am

I have four 1st gen Econolines, but my daily driver is a 2000 Econoline.

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 11:12 am

My girlfriend has a 2010 dodge caravan... Three words "stow and go". The back seats fold into the floor for cargo hauling. 30 mpg on the highway and ofcourse ice cold ac. Great van, but it needs abrake job every 4 months. Had a 1991 diesel ford van. It could tow anything, parts would fall off it going down the road though. Got our eyes set on a diesel sprinter van one day. High top, one ton, 40mpg....
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Sat May 12, 2012 11:42 am

For some odd reason brakes on any vehicle always need replaced a lot more often when the vehicle has a woman driver.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8735
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat May 12, 2012 12:24 pm

COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2011-02-01

Post by Jay 13 Sat May 12, 2012 4:13 pm

brakes and front tires,my wife goes 2 to 1 with me on both and always turns the stering wheel all the way to the stop when she pulls into a parking space,the funny thing is she always complains about other woman drivers
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Mon May 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Speaking of brakes, the front brakes on my 2000 Econoline wear out at 30k miles. The back ones look like they will last forever.

Here is a pic from 130k miles ago when it was new.
    Just wondering  if there's a Newer van You Would  Own ???  Van3
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Mon May 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Jay 13 wrote:brakes and front tires,my wife goes 2 to 1 with me on both and always turns the stering wheel all the way to the stop when she pulls into a parking space,the funny thing is she always complains about other woman drivers

Yea .. My Wife Races to Red Lights Too !!!! I try to tell her But Just dose No Good !!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 10:30 am