VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Anyone near ogden Utah.(air ride possibility)

Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Number of posts : 233
    Registration date : 2011-01-27

Anyone near ogden Utah.(air ride possibility) Empty Anyone near ogden Utah.(air ride possibility)

Post by Smallblockbug Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Have a guy on board to develop an air ride system for econolines. I have the basic design to him but may need a guinea pig so he can measure and such till I can get the money together to have the first prototype built. I am trying to make it a bolt on design for easy install.

Last edited by Smallblockbug on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Anyone near ogden Utah.(air ride possibility) Empty Re: Anyone near ogden Utah.(air ride possibility)

Post by Smallblockbug Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 pm

This would be for the links and such not the full on air management system and such.
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Anyone near ogden Utah.(air ride possibility) Empty Re: Anyone near ogden Utah.(air ride possibility)

Post by mothradeath Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Like a setup on air that just goes up and down a few inches or is he telling you sitting on the ground? There's no way a bolt on kit can do that without major fabrication.......and if you've got the skills to do all it would take to do that........you probably have the skills to do what would be offered in a kit. Just saying. There's a reason why there's only a handful of bagged econos that have been proven road drivable. It ain't easy.
    Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Post by Smallblockbug Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Just an air ride suspension in general instead of leaf springs. Basically be able to run it lower if wanted with the ability to adjust caster based on height you want . Or run it stock height with the ability to let the air out and set it closer to the ground while at a show. I have read alot about lowering issues and such so i do understand the limitations.

Just figured i would try to help out those with little skills other then bolt on. Oh and this was going to be just for me but figured i would offer it up in the group.

If No one is available for measurement help near him it will just be a longer process on my part to have it built as i am 6 weeks or so out from being alowed to lift over 15 lbs and crawling around due to surgery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:40 pm