VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
dix
Stoopid john
RodStRace
hdsn49
kykayaker37
Twinpilot001
10 posters

Help! I need part numbers and where to get them BAD!

Help!  I need part numbers and where to get them BAD! Empty Help! I need part numbers and where to get them BAD!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I was last on here. Things got carried away for a bit. Finally divorced though.lol To make a long story short my now ex ended up getting in a serious relationship with a local cop. Happy she found someone but here's the problem. He has made it very clear that as soon as I pull my van out of winter storage I am going to be pulled over for a full mechanical inspection. Any violations my van is going to be towed and impounded. It's in great shape but I really just want to make it mechanically new as a big F.U. I am having a really hard time finding part numbers and where to find them. I want to do everything. PLEASE HELP ME PASS THE INSPECTION.

Help!  I need part numbers and where to get them BAD! Empty Re: Help! I need part numbers and where to get them BAD!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Sorry. Forgot to add it's a 67 Fargo A100. 225 slant six
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Help!  I need part numbers and where to get them BAD! Empty inspection/ harassment??

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:27 pm

just a suggestion - here -in usa =when a law officer does or states something like that - we go to the police dept & speak with a superior about it. Likely will end that sort of problem? You will need to get some input from our fellow canadians on the inspection process & what needed-there are a few here & have gone thru that process before.Hope all works out well for you .

Help!  I need part numbers and where to get them BAD! Empty Re: Help! I need part numbers and where to get them BAD!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 pm

It's just one of those things I am going to have to just go through. I live near a tourist spot and the ministry of transportation team up with the local police and inspect vehicles for saftey. I would go to the police station and complain but don't think that would go over well. I have had enough troubles from those meat heads over the last few months. I would rather pass the test and not worry about it. Basically I will need all front end parts and wheel bearings. Complete brake job(shoes, springs,wheel cylinders) axle seals and pinion seals. I don't mind doing the work. At least I know it will be good for years to come. Oh ya king pins to

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:44 pm

If someone with the knowledge could so kindly tell me even the part numbers I could begin to hunt down the parts. I'm a single guy with a sweet van and want to hit the car shows.lol
    kykayaker37
    kykayaker37

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post by kykayaker37 Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:20 pm

I hate to bring it up but im getting lots of my parts off feebay,dave
    hdsn49
    hdsn49

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by hdsn49 Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Try Napa. They do have mechanical and brake parts available. You just have to find one that has employees over the age of 50.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm

No one is willing to look for the part numbers. They stick to the computers. Lazy. If I knew the numbers they would contact the wharehouse
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Help!  I need part numbers and where to get them BAD! Empty try this=

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:28 pm

watch the posts here for our canadian members =im sure later today many will read your posts & send you a pm or direct you to a parts source & #'s. Look here for your area=

http://www.napacanada.com/en/StoreLocator/CountryMap.aspx?sc_lang=en
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Help!  I need part numbers and where to get them BAD! Empty this may help=

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:38 pm

I dont know about canadian Dodge vans?? "fargo"=?? yet hete most all are listed as year=1967 Dodge (truck) then Van A100 heres napa usa site =maybe part #'s will be the same - just look in the site -brakes below

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt=brake&Nao=30&Nty=1&N=0+599001+101967+50022+2022073&Ntk=Keyword
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Check out Rock Auto too.
    They have a nice online catalog with prices and part #s. I use it all the time to look up stuff.
    Good luck on the one tie rod. It's been out of service for a long time. The rest should be able to be sourced.
    Don't forget to scrape the housings and body when you replace all the exterior bulbs. Good grounds make things work!
    Stoopid john
    Stoopid john

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2011-06-03

Post by Stoopid john Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 pm

X2 on the Rock Auto.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:12 pm

i've bought most of my parts from napa it's all on their computers outer bearings BR2. inner bearings BR6 oil / greese seal 17110 don't no if you have 10inch or 11 inch brakes, if they can't find them look under same year valiant or baracuda the brakes will have to be brought in, may take a few days. when they come in and one of the spring holes don't match up drill your own, thats what i did,

Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:23 pm

wheel clynders front left napa ubp36050. front right napa ubp36051. rears napa tsw4637235 shoes 10 x 2.5 front and back napa rtsts333 front 11 x 2,75 napa rtsts 337

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:53 pm

First off call your local insurance company and find out what the regulations are for antique vehicles. You may not have to fix everything at once if it's licensed as an antique. You may have some restrictions as to when and where you can drive it, but it may buy you some time. Second call your lawyer and let him no about that little threat from the cop and when you are taking it out of storage, so if the fuzz is stocking you and waiting for the opportunity to seize your vehicle you may have a leg to stand on in court. You may be able to put plates on it, or a permit just so you can get it home. I picked up a book of stuff you are allowed to do "legally" to a vehicle based on year from SGI Canada at our local car show last year and the cops can't touch it. Check with local car clubs and see what they have done in order to get around some of the red tape....jmtc
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:50 am

Between Dix and the rest of us we have the numbers you need. On the front axle it matters if you have 10" or 11" brakes when you are looking for king pins as the grease fitting is in a different locating, also for the king pins you need to find a machine shop that will press the bushings in and line bore them.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Hey guys/gals Pulled the van out of the garage today for the first time in a year and a half to wash the dust off and wax it up. Looks great! I live on a main road and got lots of honks, waves and peace signs.lol Even got an offer to trade a newer chevy truck. Not for sale...Ever. I have it in my will to be taken to my final resting spot in it and then turned over to my youngest daughter who is a die hard van lover at 9 years old.lol Her and her friend had a sleep over in it out in the garage last weekend. Thats hardcore concidering it was still pretty cold here in Ontario. After a couple of hours of cleaning it up I started it in the driveway and let it warm up for a bit. While sitting there not really paying attention to what was going on outside a tap at the window startled me. COPS! They so kindly reminded me that I had no license plates on the vehicle and asked me where I was planning on going. I replied no where, just back into the garage. The one young preppy prick continued on to point out my tires are weather cracked and no longer "safe". He then went on to question my Oak bumpers and lack of licence plate light. To make a long story short I asked him if happened to know my ex wife. He said his personal life has nothing to do with work. I laughed and said thought so. His partner was now back in the car waiting for him. He said all unsafe vehicles that he comes across will have their plates removed and towed to the ministry of transportatiom (DMV equivalent)for further inspection. I laughed and said so be it. He turned to walk away, slapped the side of my baby two good smacks and said have a nice day Jay. I snapped! I jumped out and asked him who the "F" he thinks he is. I was ready to rip his head off. We engaged in a heated nose to nose conversation. Some colorfull words were exchanged. Next thing I know his partner came up behind me and I am cuffed and in the back seat. Accused of Uttering threats and causing a disturbance. Nice deal. After continuing the conversation in the cop car with this mentally challenged waste of skin I was dropped of about a half hour walk back to my house with a verbal warning. PISSED!!!!!! Gonna be a long summer. Anyways to anyone who reads this thanks for being my "shrink" and listening to a poor lonely vanner in Ontario Canada. Wish I had some local Vintage-vanners close by. I need to get some repairs done. Anything but new wont be good enough I guess lol. Beer and bed now. Long freaking day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Sounds like it is time for a little home video surveillance tied to your computer so you have some proof to take to a lawyer and put this pr""k in his place.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

I agree. I started the process to make things "new" today and in the process met a fellow vintage-van member. I went to costco to buy some new rubber and met Andrew aka andrewschevelle. He has a 65 GMC Handivan. Happy to have gone there and been helped out by him. New BF Goodrich Radial T/A's on the way. 225 70 r14 for the back and 205 70 r14 for the front. Anybody else use those sizes?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:05 pm

those are standard type sizes. you will have no problem running them. Just my thoughts you need to go talk to the Police chief. and ask some questions. and let him know of your situation. then it's on record. also can you look into antque plates. and what is needed.in the states it's cheaper and once you are done the price of your car/van/truck/ should go up in price value.also just to cover your ass write down every thing.......

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by white-lightning Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Get a restraining order.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:14 pm

I don't think you want to go that far , he would just have a diffrent officer take care of his bussness. just let his boss know what is going on..

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 am

If that story is true, it's flatout police harrassment and you need to put the kabosh on this ASAP! You need to talk to a Lawyer about where you stand. They'll probably tell you to talk to Internal Affairs or OPS or whatever the P.C.. cops call it now. Did you see his name, get a badge number or anything? Without that, it's going to be hard to prove anything. Stand your ground!!!!!!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 am

canadian restraining order & speak with his superiors
    Paul Smart
    Paul Smart

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2012-06-25

Post by Paul Smart Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:34 pm

hey bud call nigel at national moparts right across lake simcoe from you to the east.he hasmost everything needed i bought a front axle from him about a month ago.
    as far as the coppers go i hope you have a cell phone when you get pulled over everytime and record what he says but tell him the van has a exterior recording system for your protection that way there he will only do it once or twice.national mopartsnumber is (705)426-2993 tell him i sent ya hes in beaverton Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:55 am