VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

nos carb/ 2 steps forward-? steps back!?

oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

nos carb/ 2 steps forward-? steps back!? Empty nos carb/ 2 steps forward-? steps back!?

Post by oo3 Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:23 pm

bought a nos carter 1 barrel for the slant - cleaned it up, threw it on, need to get a new carb to manifold gasket but fired it up anyways - already a big improvement, even though i need to do adjustments and i find the throttle cable is binding up sometimes- i can see its around the cable right as it comes off the pedal below the floor board - it may be a non stock cable from a previous owner - i no longer have to let it warm up for at least 5 minutes just to have it stumble down the road still - yes i could have bought a kit and have had at rebuild - but probably still could have used a throttle shaft rebush and ? - now after a quick ride around the block i notice a couple of small oil puddles in the driveway - it does not drip when off, but while running i have a drip drip drip coming from between the engine and trans ( manual ) area - sob !! - something else to deal with - oo3

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:05 am