VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

J bolts, and rubber junk for the gas tank

J bolts, and rubber junk for the gas tank Empty J bolts, and rubber junk for the gas tank

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:01 am

Broke a J bolt pulling the tank out, whats everyone doing bending one up out of allthread? Source for them? What about the rubber hose (tank to filler)? Thanks alot guys
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

J bolts, and rubber junk for the gas tank Empty Re: J bolts, and rubber junk for the gas tank

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 am

Yes - tank to filler & maybe another for the venY/ overflow= yes u can use all thread - or a longer threaded bolt welded to the strap- remember all thread is avail in stronger grades also =Happy Vannin
    [i]
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

J bolts, and rubber junk for the gas tank Empty Re: J bolts, and rubber junk for the gas tank

Post by Casimier Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:33 am

If you need a 6" piece of the gas tank hose let me know.
    I had to buy a 36" length from my local NAPA store.
    It cost me $30...I'll cut you a piece free..just pay the freight. This way I'll feel better about paying too much.
    Jim
    Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post by Linoman Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:39 am

I was able to buy 1 foot of the filler hose at Auto Zone, or maybe it was O'Rielys. But I bet Cashmiers offer would be cheaper.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:52 am

Thanks for the heads up guys, Gonna run home after work and check it all out again and see what Im up against. Thanks alot Cashmiers I will post later on tonight about it. And see where we go from there.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:01 pm

A member here (Dennis) has stainless j bolts and straps

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:56 am

Thanks vanishing, would you happen to know how to get in touch with him? I searched under dennis but wasnt confident who it was. Going to give autozone a try on the filler hose and if they dont have it im going to get in touch with you casimier. Thanks for the help guys. Got to working on the dog house then couldnt access thru my phone for some reason last night.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 am

dennis@dddiscbrakes.com He also makes a nice front disc brake kit and dual bowl master cylinder as well as several other things.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:05 pm

When I replaced mine I went to Home Depot and bought a couple of turnbuckles to replace the J bolts. Quick and easy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:56 pm