VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Time cannot heal everything....

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Time cannot heal everything.... Empty Time cannot heal everything....

Post by Donn Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Time cannot heal everything.... 91110[img][/img]
    It still hurts..Tonight's a good night to say a little prayer for the hero's, families and victims we lost.
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Time cannot heal everything.... Empty Re: Time cannot heal everything....

Post by Magic Bus Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Faceless loser cowards!!!!!!.....Im going to a benefit carshow tomorrow for a local Marine that was disabled pretty bad by a ied over there, alot of guys have given it all and then some because of those lowlifes..

Thank God my son in law just finished his enlistment with the Marines serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, returning home to live here safely in the heartland of America, the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:36 am

Magic Bus wrote:Faceless loser cowards!!!!!!.....Im going to a benefit carshow tomorrow for a local Marine that was disabled pretty bad by a ied over there, alot of guys have given it all and then some because of those lowlifes..

Thank God my son in law just finished his enlistment with the Marines serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, returning home to live here safely in the heartland of America, the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave!
    I'm slated to leave for Afghanistan in the near future. Regarding the enemy, If they aren't good for intelligence, we give no quarter and ask for none.
    Good to hear your son-in-law got out in the fight and came back, I'm assuming, okay. He'll be wound tight for a while, but the angst becomes manageable for most.
    Semper Fi
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:46 am

Thanks Simpleman, Yes thank God He came back unharmed physically.

Its very humbling to watch the 9/11 coverage memorial on tv this morning.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:35 am

Thank you for your service Simpleman

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:42 pm

I was in a grocery store today and the cashiers were handing out 9/11 stickers which was cool but when the cashier handed one to a young gang banger in front of me he said" do I get paid to wear this damn thing"? I wanted to hit him up side his head and knock him into the middle of next week. What a POS
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Amen !

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:40 pm

vanishingbreed wrote:I was in a grocery store today and the cashiers were handing out 9/11 stickers which was cool but when the cashier handed one to a young gang banger in front of me he said" do I get paid to wear this damn thing"? I wanted to hit him up side his head and knock him into the middle of next week. What a POS
    There's a quote found on a c-rat box in Vietnam that goes as such, "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." Cliche? Perhaps...

Two words for a dude like that in theater. "bullet sponge." lol!

Thanks for all the props. It's an honor and a privilege. I see a few other vets on here too...

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Yes there are several vets here. I am one of them.
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:07 pm

SEMPER FI DO OR DIE KILL KILL KILL!!!!

OORAH!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

vanishingbreed wrote:I was in a grocery store today and the cashiers were handing out 9/11 stickers which was cool but when the cashier handed one to a young gang banger in front of me he said" do I get paid to wear this damn thing"? I wanted to hit him up side his head and knock him into the middle of next week. What a POS

Unfortunately protecting the freedom of speech is/was one of our main tasks while performing our service to our country. I try not to get mad at people like that because sometimes they just dont know. I simply remind them that it is people like me (and the millions of other vets around the country) that gave some, or all, of our lives to allow that person to be the asshole they are today. It usually shuts them right up, usually.

Last edited by MoparFreak69 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:15 pm

simpleman wrote:Good to hear your son-in-law got out in the fight and came back, I'm assuming, okay. He'll be wound tight for a while, but the angst becomes manageable for most.

The signs dont always show up right away, or even within a short period of time. I was deployed from '03-'04 to Iraq. Just recently (within the last year) I found myself with a lot of anger problems that I simply couldnt explain. Months of counseling have helped but there still are some things I just need to get past.
    Keep a watchful eye, but try not to pry, and offer help when you feel it is needed. Have him contact his local VA office ASAP. He should be given 5 years of complete, free of any charge, health care if that policy is still in effect. Behavioral health visits were completely free to me, I think the same would probably apply to him.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:09 am

MoparFreak69 wrote:
    simpleman wrote:Good to hear your son-in-law got out in the fight and came back, I'm assuming, okay. He'll be wound tight for a while, but the angst becomes manageable for most.

The signs dont always show up right away, or even within a short period of time. I was deployed from '03-'04 to Iraq. Just recently (within the last year) I found myself with a lot of anger problems that I simply couldnt explain. Months of counseling have helped but there still are some things I just need to get past.
    Keep a watchful eye, but try not to pry, and offer help when you feel it is needed. Have him contact his local VA office ASAP. He should be given 5 years of complete, free of any charge, health care if that policy is still in effect. Behavioral health visits were completely free to me, I think the same would probably apply to him.
    The VA is an invaluable resource for vets on many levels. Behavioral health definitely being one of them. But be advised, an unfortunate truth, once that "PTSD" stamp ends up in your records, it will follow you through the military. Future deployments, re-enlisting, security clearances, etc...

All who serve are heros.

"Courage is a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die." -- G.K. Chesterton

All who serve should be ready, for those who fail to prepare are preparing to fail.

my $.02

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:30 am