VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Not a van, but wish I never sold it..

Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Not a van, but wish I never sold it.. Empty Not a van, but wish I never sold it..

Post by Scott Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Recently married with a kid on the way, couldnt keep it.. Sad

Not a van, but wish I never sold it.. Scotts10

Not a van, but wish I never sold it.. Empty Re: Not a van, but wish I never sold it..

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:11 pm

Know how it is I gave up my 65 2 door hardtop Fairlane 500, when my kid was on the way, but later on I said I needed something to transport the dogs and her around in since they all wouldnt fit in my work truck it worked and I ended up with my van...... so there is hope down the road you can say hey the kid cant see out of my panel van (if you got one) and it feels kinda creepy we (I) need something else to drive around in
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Not a van, but wish I never sold it.. Empty Re: Not a van, but wish I never sold it..

Post by Scott Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:22 am

I sold the Camaro about 17 years ago..

The engine was about three years old, and I had just put 2.02 heads on it. The 350 block had two bolt mains in it, and they had been worn in with a two barrel Carb. After putting on the 2.02s, adding a Performer intake, and four barrel Carb, you could hear the crank rattle when the RPMs were high. When I put on the heads I over torqued and pulled the threads out of one hole, also ripped my hand up pretty good when it busted. At the time I told my wife that I would get rid of it if any major problems came up, well it wasn’t a month before the cylinder next to the bolt that I over torqued started leaking. That was it, I sold it to a guy that raced them on a circle track till they were busted up.

The last car I had before buying my van was wrecked by the same kid I had to sell my Camaro for.. Sucks to grow-up doesn’t it?

At least she only came out of it with a small scratch, didnt even need a bandaid..

Anyway, here is the last time I saw my Blazer..

Not a van, but wish I never sold it.. 11-24-11

Not a van, but wish I never sold it.. 11-24-10

You can see how bad the roof is crunched in this last one..

Not a van, but wish I never sold it.. 11-24-12

And I had just finished paying it off. Sad
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:37 am

At least you weren't "upside down" on the payments as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:13 pm