VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Bench Seat ID

Full Tilt Boogie
    Full Tilt Boogie

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2011-06-14

Bench Seat ID Empty Bench Seat ID

Post by Full Tilt Boogie Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:14 am

Anyone know if this is an original bench seat to my '61? Looks like the frame lines up with the factory mounts/straps, but the seat belts are Volkswagen. The width of the bench seems to be okay... I've only seen a few with bench seats and from what I remember they were lower than this one.
    Bench Seat ID IMG954081
    Bench Seat ID IMG954553
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Bench Seat ID Empty Re: Bench Seat ID

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Thats the correct seat for a 61 model. Notice the legs are offset differently. Is that the seat that came with your 61? I assume you have a station bus???? I could really use a couple photos of the rear bench seat floor mount brackets too. If at all possibly a close up shot and a shot that also shows the front ones in the same pic taken from the rear. Theres a mystery I ve been trying to solve for a long time about the different year floor brackets and straps.
    Also it looks like you are missing the drivers side seat straps and one passenger side too. I had a machinist make new T- bolts and seat floor straps to sell if you are missing any.
    Full Tilt Boogie
    Full Tilt Boogie

Post by Full Tilt Boogie Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:50 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:Thats the correct seat for a 61 model. Notice the legs are offset differently. Is that the seat that came with your 61? I assume you have a station bus???? I could really use a couple photos of the rear bench seat floor mount brackets too. If at all possibly a close up shot and a shot that also shows the front ones in the same pic taken from the rear. Theres a mystery I ve been trying to solve for a long time about the different year floor brackets and straps.
    Also it looks like you are missing the drivers side seat straps and one passenger side too. I had a machinist make new T- bolts and seat floor straps to sell if you are missing any.

Thanks for the info! Yes, this is the seat that came with my van. I wasn't sure if it was factory or not. I've seen photos of Falcon vans that have a different shaped seat that is lower too.

I could definitely used a pair of T-bolts and straps. Let me know how to buy them. Thanks! I'll post the pics later today.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:12 pm

The straps and bolts were a bit expensive to produce. They are $65 for a set of 4 which is enough to do one seat or the straps are $10 each and the bolts $7 each. Shipping is a flat $5 via USPS. Any chance of getting those pics I requested?
    Full Tilt Boogie
    Full Tilt Boogie

Post by Full Tilt Boogie Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:01 am

EconoUSAparts wrote:The straps and bolts were a bit expensive to produce. They are $65 for a set of 4 which is enough to do one seat or the straps are $10 each and the bolts $7 each. Shipping is a flat $5 via USPS. Any chance of getting those pics I requested?
    All Four:
    Bench Seat ID IMG956399
    Right Side:
    Bench Seat ID IMG959240
    Left Side:
    Bench Seat ID IMG953182
    Close Up:
    Bench Seat ID IMG951480
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks for the pics. Do you not have a second set of floor brackets for another bench seat in the rear? Is yours an Econoline or falcon van?
    Full Tilt Boogie
    Full Tilt Boogie

Post by Full Tilt Boogie Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:47 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote: Thanks for the pics. Do you not have a second set of floor brackets for another bench seat in the rear? Is yours an Econoline or falcon van?

I do not have a second set of floor brackets. It's an Econoline.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:41 pm

So you're just the 2nd example I ve run across so far that has the floor brackets in an Econo. My 63 has one set also. Its a special order setup.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:56 pm

I have three bench seats ... I believe in 64 they had a split seat on the one closest to the driver ... it allows access to the rear ... I have that one as part of the three ... kinda cool actually ... I might not be accurate on the year ... no brackets though ... wish I did ... Tim has a good deal there ... I would go with that for sure
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 am

JM the split bench is actually extremely rare. I just aquired one myself at Carlisle this year. It was only used on 62 models. Notice the passenger side leg is in a different location than the others you have so the brackets welded to the floor on a 62 are also in a different location.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:22 am