VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Roadtrip 2011. Texas.

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Roadtrip 2011. Texas.  Empty Roadtrip 2011. Texas.

Post by econopoor Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:22 am

We left out yesterday heading for to Texas to meet up with Carl Owens for some camping and the Texas all Ford Nationals. We're holed up in Hot Springs Arkansas with John and Trish Robinson for a few days. We will leave here Wednesday to head south. Steve, (ripvanarkie) is coming down today. He will be going to Texas with us. Here's a shot of all the Econo's lined up behind John's house. John's three, my red 61 and Dean and Maryann's white 65 van.

Roadtrip 2011. Texas.  DSC00655-vi

Duane in Tennessee.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Roadtrip 2011. Texas.  Empty Re: Roadtrip 2011. Texas.

Post by Barnabas Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:01 pm

That's a great looking convoy!
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:19 pm

If ya' gotta' be holed up somewhere, Hot Springs ain't a bad place to be!!! We've stopped there both times on the way to the mountain and love the place! Be sure and bring some of that cool Arkansas air down to Texas when you come down. See ya' soon.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Well, I haven't seen any cool air around here. It's been HOT!!! We lost the genset on the trip here and the dash air has given me fits since we bought this boat. Without the genset we couldn't run the cabin air so the trip down was a cooker. A new voltage regulater in the genset and John and a friend of his helped get the dash air working again. Maybe just maybe we can fight off that Texas heat.

John and Trish have VanAnn loaded up and ready to go. Steve is here and ready to ride. We plan on pulling out in the morning. Head south all day and get into the campsite late tomorrow. John and Trish will go to the motel. Steve is going to crash with us at the campsite. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones. I'll try to post some more when we get to camp. I haven't had much time to post pics of the Hot Springs leg of this trip. Kinda sucked working on this boat the last couple of days. We did get some sites in today. We finished the AC this morning and spent the afternoon checking out the town. Pretty cool!

Duane on the road in Hot Springs Arkansas.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Well, we're in Palmetto State Park here in Gonzalez Texas. Got in late last night, Carl and Martha got in today around noonish. We got everything setup. Hoping some more of the Lost Near Texans show up.

Roadtrip 2011. Texas.  DSC00692-vi

Sitting around the campsite. Carl, Martha, John, Trish, Steve, Dianna and I'm behind the camera. (good place for me)

Roadtrip 2011. Texas.  DSC00713-vi

Foto op at an overlook near the park.

Duane in Texas.
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:32 am

we hope to be there by evening, although the econoline won’t be with us.
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:46 pm

it is becoming increasingly likely that we will not make it today/tonight… have no idea when the wife will leave work, she’s very likely working late.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 pm

We'll, I guess I need to finish up this thread. We made it back home just fine. While in Texas we made a day trip to the Alamo. Here is John Robinson, Myself, and Steve Noland, aka Rip Van Arkie, John and Steve are our host at the Mid South Old Econoline meet in Petit Jean Arkansas.

Roadtrip 2011. Texas.  DSC00744-vi

We went to the All Ford show at Max Starky park in Seguin Texas on Saturday. Carl Owens had his 67 van there, I had my 61 pickup and Trish had her van as well. Had a real good time. It was HOT! but we had a lot of shade. All was good. Paul, aka Austinmodhouse finally made it down with his family. After we all went back to the campground and had another great evening sitting around with everybody. Paul had his vintage Airstream set up. It's cool!

Roadtrip 2011. Texas.  DSC00813-vi

We headed to Houston on Sunday and spent the day with a friend of mine. Drove home through LA and MS to get home to Tennessee on Tuesday. Another great trip. It was great to see old friends again.

Roadtrip 2011. Texas.  DSC00833-vi

Chasin Carl back to the campground.

Duane in Tennessee

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am