VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
Twinpilot001
slowflapper
G-Man
RodStRace
67a 100 pickup
Rock*
10 posters

New Georgia Memeber: Got an A100!

New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! Empty New Georgia Memeber: Got an A100!

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Very solid 67 model. Slant 6, 727. This van I bought last weekend in Montgomery, Al. It was well worth the drive!!! It very rust free having come from So. Cal., Riverside. A lot of work has been done already to get it out on the road. It runs and drives okay, but will need a little more tweaking to get as a daily or occasional driver. I love it. I had wished that I'd not sold my Econoline a while back, but I like this one much better since I know the drivetrain better. I'll be posting some pics here and there, and I'm sure I'll have questions. Thanks for giving a look.
    Brian
    Here's a pic:
    New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! Photo-11

Last edited by Time Machine on Tue May 24, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rock*
    Rock*

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! Empty Re: New Georgia Memeber: Got an A100!

Post by Rock* Tue May 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Nice, congrats on the clean van, trips are fun! I'm sure you will have great times with it.

Lots on here from Ga.

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Rock*

What other Mopars do you have besides the vans? I saw in a post that you have some others. I'm old skool Mopar myself. I have a 69 GTX, 71 & 72 RRs and a 59 Plymouth taxi. Had a few slant 6 cars over the years.

67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Tue May 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Looks like a nice van.... Welcome to the site.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue May 24, 2011 4:18 pm

uh oh, looks like the Mopar guys are starting to come on strong! cheers
    Welcome to the site. Nice looking van there.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue May 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Welcome to the site!!! Great looking van. How about a few more pic's
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Tue May 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Whats up cousin!

I'm not far from you in Forsyth County, there's at least two more A100 owners on this board from the ATL area and one guy in Athens that's looking to buy one.

Is that factory AC on top of that van? If so you scored in a big way Smile

If you start having heat management problems with your van hit me up, I've got mine "manageable" after lots of trial and error. When you think it's ready, lets hit a car show someone on the north side, I haven't seen another van at one yet.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue May 24, 2011 5:39 pm

NICE!!

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 6:26 pm

I'll post a few more pics once I get her off of the trailer. Probably tomorrow. I've driven it only out of the guy's driveway and up onto the trailer. Idled and ran great! I watched a video on you tube of the fellow driving around town before I bought it. Pretty darn humorous. I also perused his photobucket many times. I felt that I knew the van well. It was one of those rare occations when it looked even better in person. It's well worn of course, but so solid and mechanically pretty good.
    As far as the a/c system goes, it's bizzare! Ther is a condensor one the roof with two fans on either side to pull air through it. The reciever dryer is up there as well. I've tried to follow the lines, but I have to get it on the lift and take the belly pan off. The floor unit is a Sears model I'd assume. There is a parts list in the glovebox.
    Did they have facory roof a/c?????
    Slowflapper, I'd be up for a cruise once it's on the road in order. I know Forsyth. Been there a bit. Mainly Gainseville. I seem to buy cars there a bit.
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 744
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by kiwimopar Tue May 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Sweet looking van Brian Cool and that's one heckava air grabber on the roof Shocked Wink
    Rock*
    Rock*

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Post by Rock* Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 am

Like your Plum 70 Kiwi and ofc the "lil red"!

Cool bunch or rides your have Brian! I had a 71 Super Bee & a 73 RR. A list of what I have now:

62 Belvedere SW
    63 Sport Fury rag
    65 Valiant 2dr post (sold the twin to it last year)
    65 Valiant SW (Barracuda SW, lol) People would actually ask, or say "I never knew they made a Barracuda wagon! I would usually reply "me either..."
    65 factory blk with red int 4dr just went to the crush (was a driver)
    65 Barracuda (have had for 24years, my 1st car)
    66 Signet (Cdn version of a Dart GT)
    66 Valiant Custom 200 2dr ht(Dart 270)
    66 Valiant 4dr (Dart 270)
    just sold my 68 Signet 2dr post
    2-70 Dart 340 Swingers
    70 dart Custom 4dr
    70 Duster 340
    85 5th Ave? motor/trans donor
    06 SRT8 300 (may have to put the 6.1 in my van & the 273 in the 300!)
    Is a UFO in my driveway as well (87 Grand National) Will trade for a van or 2!

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed May 25, 2011 6:10 am

Time Machine, pics would be great!
    Rock, you are my kind of sick! Laughing
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed May 25, 2011 6:31 am

Congrat's and Welcome TM..... Very Happy

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Got my van off of my trailer yesterday morning. Took her for a ride early on. Ran and drove real nice. Everything seemed to work pretty well. I know it has a little brake noise at the rear to look at, and also the fuel sender needs a seal. Can't put much fuel into it till it's replaced. I'm gonna have to redo the sorry heat insulation job done to the doghouse. Pretty darn bad. Should be a driver soon. I fixed the side window. They're kool. Got em workin' and secure. Took a bunch of pics. I'll post more. This is the only one to come through okay from my i-phone. My server sucks. Anyway, glad to find the site. Been brousing. Gonna help out a lot. I wish I'd found this site when I had my Econoline. It was a real kool van too.

New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! 1photo11
    white-lightning
    white-lightning

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by white-lightning Thu May 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Hey my back driver side door has the same window on my A100. I have the original glass from my grandfather to put back in still.

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Yeah mine are on the side doors. The were originally solid doors. These were cut in and mounted. The rears are window. Kinda wouldn't mind to have similar on the rear, but okay with it as is. sure vents well and give a breeze through. Gets hot here in the south. Also has a small roof vent wich is neat. That'll vent hot air out as it rises. I'm seriously thinking about resto-ing the a/c unit. Not right off, but it'd be nice. Late July and August here will make you want to put your non-a/c toys away. The high humidity make it all the worse. 'Couse I'll sweat a lil to drive this one LOL. Post a pic of your rear window if you get a chance. It'd be neat to see.
    white-lightning
    white-lightning

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by white-lightning Thu May 26, 2011 8:28 pm

New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! DSC00300
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Fri May 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Time Machine wrote:Yeah mine are on the side doors. The were originally solid doors. These were cut in and mounted. The rears are window. Kinda wouldn't mind to have similar on the rear, but okay with it as is. sure vents well and give a breeze through. Gets hot here in the south. Also has a small roof vent wich is neat. That'll vent hot air out as it rises. I'm seriously thinking about resto-ing the a/c unit. Not right off, but it'd be nice. Late July and August here will make you want to put your non-a/c toys away. The high humidity make it all the worse. 'Couse I'll sweat a lil to drive this one LOL. Post a pic of your rear window if you get a chance. It'd be neat to see.

Definitely fix the AC, if you start having heat management problems with the engine pm me, Ive been through that myself here. I also have contact info to get a dog house insulation kit for about $125 (pre cut) and some details on that as well because I did mine last year.

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 7:23 pm

slowflapper: Well, actually...that was going to be pretty much one of my first inquires, about the doghouse insulation. One side has cardboard, not safe! Anyway, yea I really would like that info.!!! As far as running hot goes...yet to be seen. I know that the radiator was rodded out and a new water pump intalled before I got it. So far, it seems to run pretty cool thankfully. But, I've not put it on the road yet. My business was real slow, but now I'm real busy, so not much time yet. But so enjoying it.

white lightning: yea, pretty much looks like the same manufacture. Never seen em on the rear. Pretty cool if you had the pair. Looks like rear window louvers. If the aluminum surround was painted body color, and you had the pair, that be keen. Van looks pretty darn straight! Thanx for the pic!

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Here's a couple of more pics. The inside was done nice back in the day. Paneling, aspecially on the doors, needs replace. It has a bed that slides out to go across the whole rear. Some more pix: New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! Cabin10New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! Rearcl10New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! Rearop10
    dodge A-108
    dodge A-108

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2014-11-22

New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! Empty fuel tank sender unit

Post by dodge A-108 Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Time Machine wrote:Got my van off of my trailer yesterday morning.  Took her for a ride early on.  Ran and drove real nice.  Everything seemed to work pretty well.  I know it has a little brake noise at the rear to look at, and also the fuel sender needs a seal.  Can't put much fuel into it till it's replaced.  I'm gonna have to redo the sorry heat insulation job done to the doghouse.  Pretty darn bad.  Should be a driver soon.  I fixed the side window.  They're kool.  Got em workin' and secure.  Took a bunch of pics.  I'll post more.  This is the only one to come through okay from my i-phone.  My server sucks.  Anyway, glad to find the site.  Been brousing.  Gonna help out a lot.  I wish I'd found this site when I had my Econoline.  It was a real kool van too.  should you need it. the tank sender is still available from the dealer stock. part #4051004

New Georgia Memeber:  Got an A100! 1photo11

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:13 am