VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Scott
Magic Bus
6 posters

Looking for an econoline doghouse lid gasket

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Looking for an econoline doghouse lid gasket Empty Looking for an econoline doghouse lid gasket

Post by Magic Bus Wed May 11, 2011 10:12 am

Mine is shot, a search here came up empty, I didnt see one at macs, anybody got a line on one or do I have to use some type of universal weatherstripping?
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Looking for an econoline doghouse lid gasket Empty Re: Looking for an econoline doghouse lid gasket

Post by Scott Wed May 11, 2011 11:49 am

Try Restoration Specialties,

They started making them for the Chevy vans, you might find the Econoline ones there too.

I found the Chevy one on page 58 of their catalog, Part #: e715. I looks as though the Econoline is on the same page, but I don't see the Doghouse gasket. You might try calling them since their catalog may not be current. Or you may be able to send them a sample of what you have, they started offering the Chevy one after another vanner sent them a sample.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Looking for an econoline doghouse lid gasket Empty Re: Looking for an econoline doghouse lid gasket

Post by Magic Bus Wed May 11, 2011 11:57 am

I called macs , Dennis carpenter, green sales, and restoration specialties this morning, nobody had them.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed May 11, 2011 12:01 pm

there is a previous post here that tells what can be used from the salvage yards - thinking its from a ford van- late models -like on the doors??
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Wed May 11, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm using 1/4" thick x 3/8" wide taped back neoprene.
    If that's wrong, let me know.
    MikeShums
    MikeShums

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post by MikeShums Wed May 11, 2011 7:36 pm

I am using an autozone gasket that Fred originally found. I don't have the numbers on it right now, but it was a foam gasket that they had in stock on the floor of two stores that I went to. You should be able to search on it here or on the yahoo groups.

Mike in Mass
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 pm

I wrote this in a thread last August:

Re: Dog House Seal?

Looking for an econoline doghouse lid gasket Empty by crowen57 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:00 pm

I went to my local O'Reilly Auto Parts last January to see what they might have for weatherstripping. I ended up buying a package of part number CRD 01080, which contained 10 feet (about 5 inches too much). We were going on what turned out to be a 750 mile trip, so I wanted to seal the lid (mostly Martha's side!) For 24.99 I was willing to see if it would work out. While I had the lid off installing the seal I was thinking to myself that there is no way this is going to work. The seal seemed like it was too big and I was wondering how I could trim it to size. I test fit the lid, and to my surprise, it fit great! I wish I had done this long ago!

Particulars of the weatherstrip:
    Mfg by Carrand Companies
    Sold as "Super-stik" weatherstrip
    Dimensions: .65" thick x .75 wide x 10' long

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:45 am