VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Found these disturbing pictures online...

Found these disturbing pictures online...  Empty Found these disturbing pictures online...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Found these disturbing pictures online...  Vansma10

Found these disturbing pictures online...  Vansma11

Found these disturbing pictures online...  Vansma12
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Found these disturbing pictures online...  Empty Re: Found these disturbing pictures online...

Post by sasktrini Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Why would vanners do such a thing? That van must have came with some bad karma.

Found these disturbing pictures online...  Empty Re: Found these disturbing pictures online...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:11 pm

finally! pictures of my van before it was "fixed" by the previous owner.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Apparently it was a charity drive hosted by a van club in the '70s. It only costs 50 cents to swing a sledge on the poor old van. There's a brocken sledge hammer head on the ground in one of the pic's. I guess it would be like us smashing a 1992 lumina/windstar/caravan mini van at a charity event today.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Noticed that, but only now noticed the last pic, dude sitting in the driver's seat lol
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Sad to think they thought so little of our early's be then
    rhysaccess
    rhysaccess

Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2010-02-07

Post by rhysaccess Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:57 pm

sasktrini wrote:Why would vanners do such a thing? That van must have came with some bad karma.

I've seen worse things done to vans.........but what on earth would posess people to wear hats like that?

Regards,
    Rhys
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 pm

That is how "Van Slam" got it's name here in Ohio! It started in 1975...they always had a Van to "Slam" for charity! I'm sure others have photos of the destruction?????? They did however, raise quite a bit of $$$$ while hosting this type of eVANt! They also let individuals "Rob" any necessary parts off of it, if needed!!!! lol Smile
    Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Post by Vanner63 Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Can I have the front bumper? LOL Look how they dressed back then.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Mon May 02, 2011 9:26 am

Thx BvrWally, for the history lesson... I live a little far away from the hub of vanner history!
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Mon May 02, 2011 10:03 am

You're welcome...as usual! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:19 am