VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
whopman
jrinaman
6 posters

no heat, 'cause theres no heater. considering aftermarket. advice?

jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

no heat, 'cause theres no heater. considering aftermarket. advice? Empty no heat, 'cause theres no heater. considering aftermarket. advice?

Post by jrinaman Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 pm

when i bought the van, heater was out and parts in milk crate. took a closer look today and theres not enough parts. i have the duct with flaps, one broken, and not much else. so i need everything including heater core. considering an aftermarket heater from summit. they have 13 different ones under "heaters automotive" and think it would be a wash on cost, maybe cheaper. i think it would be a cleaner/less clutterred look too. they range from 12,000-40,000 btu's and have no idea what i need. do the factory heaters heat enough? any reason to not go this route?
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

no heat, 'cause theres no heater. considering aftermarket. advice? Empty Re: no heat, 'cause theres no heater. considering aftermarket. advice?

Post by whopman Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:05 am

For ease of fitment I would stay with the original setup....junk yard time! I know where there is a 64 intact ....I could call him and see what he wants for the whole unit....Let me know.
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

no heat, 'cause theres no heater. considering aftermarket. advice? Empty Re: no heat, 'cause theres no heater. considering aftermarket. advice?

Post by jrinaman Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:57 am

make the call, but after market install is pretty basic.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

no heat, 'cause theres no heater. considering aftermarket. advice? Empty heaters avail

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 am

believe there is a couple heater boxes for the van on ebay now also if ur gettin an aftermarket?? Id think the biggest u can afford- ur heatin a box
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:10 am

ya, parts are out there. so i could easily go either way. original just bolts in, aftermarket is new, brand new. and available in 40k btu for 179.00. how good is stock heaters?
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 am

I Think that I would stay with the original heater Configuration ..... we had ours record .... I would try to find an original heater core and then Get it record ..... I think that would Be the best and easiest way to Go ....... The stock heater works well when functioning properly !!!!!!

Here's a Old thread for you to Look at !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t14191-1st-gen-heater-core?highlight=HEATER+CORE

BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:56 pm

My stock heater defrosts excellent and will drive you out of the van it gets so hot ! Bill
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:22 pm

jrinaman did yo find you a heater stock heater core?
    I have one out of a 64 just not sure obut the condition of the
    core itself. One of the flapper valves is broken and the lower
    deflector is missing, if you want i will check on its condition
    tomorrow. let me know.
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:38 pm

no heat, 'cause theres no heater. considering aftermarket. advice? 00131

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:34 pm