VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
Econoline64
kgdb
score602
Old Skool
toad
Vanish
Twinpilot001
DanTheVanMan
12 posters

champion radiator weld leaking

organ grinder

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

champion radiator weld leaking - Page 2 Empty Re: champion radiator weld leaking

Post by organ grinder Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:21 am

DanTheVanMan wrote:So.... Now that all this has been said. Can anyone recommend a really good 2 or 3 core Aluminum Radiator?

If I was to go back to using a Aluminum Radiator I would get an AFCO. I had one in '35 Ford (closed hooded with a S/B Chevy) and drove it 7 years and then sold it and had no problems at all with the AFCO.
    A little pricey but worth it. I believe they are made somewhere in Indiana. Here's a link:

http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatech_USbrake/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=A&Category_Code=hp_Cooling

OG
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

champion radiator weld leaking - Page 2 Empty Re: champion radiator weld leaking

Post by austinmodhouse Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:04 am

steve, maybe a bit of jb-weld to keep you going?

don't stop bothering that guy for your replacement. send a written letter asking them to honor their warranty, either registered mail or a signature card/return receipt

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:46 am

yeah i tried adhesive it held for about ten minutes and then blam. they finally sent me a tracking number after they ignored my email so i phoned down there. checked it out in the usps site. the rad was shipped late for sure but it took a long time to get to the canadian border as well. now its stuck in customs. the staff are probably trying to figure out what it is. so far total damage is. 3 hrs pulliing the rad, 20 dollars of antifreeze, 10 dollars of water wetter, 68 bucks for shipping, almost 20 bucks for bus fare, 10 bucks for a co workers gas, and when i get the rad another day lost in refabricating the mounts and installing. 128 bucks and about 8 hrs of labour at my wage rate of nearly 30 bucks an hour takes us to 368 bucks of blown time and money. The hidden costs of a good deal (i've had a month to think about this) Very Happy

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:48 am

p.s. the van is worth it
    PDXvanman
    PDXvanman

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2010-02-12

Post by PDXvanman Thu May 12, 2011 9:59 am

Okay...my question is who is/was the vendor? I've done "Champion Radiator" searches on ebay and a number of vendors show up...including one in Beaverton, OR which is local to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:04 pm