VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Intake alternatives ???

gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Intake alternatives ??? Empty Intake alternatives ???

Post by gkpost Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Having a very hard time finding a 2 barrel intake for my chevy 250 ci. Is there another way. 1 barrel with adaptor plate ? 4 barrel with adaptor. I need to have the motor rebuilt so do I just get a different motor with more readily available parts. what motor is that ? I could some help with this as I'm ready to get something done. I've been waiting all winter and the weather is finally good. Any help would be great, thanks. ~ Gary.
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

Intake alternatives ??? Empty Re: Intake alternatives ???

Post by whopman Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:08 pm

The factory 1 barrel is plenty for the stock motor ...putting on a 2 barrel won't gain you anything but decreased mpg's and too rich of a fuel mixture. If you are going to rebuild the motor and increase compression and use a slightly better cam then an increase in carburetion would be needed. The dog house is limited in space on the intake side(driver side) for clearance.
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

Post by whopman Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:23 pm

langdon's stovebolt
    Tom Langdon has a ton of knowledge on the inline six motors

http://stoveboltengineco.com/index.php/catalog/store/#ecwid:category=361512&mode=product&product=1222023
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:51 pm

15.00 for adapter and 70.00 for a rebuilt weber 2 barrel sounds like a good deal, but i also wondered if there was anything to be gained with more carb. what does the stock carb flow? 400 cfm would be about the most the engine could use and that would be at redline.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:35 am