VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Dash Electrical

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Dash Electrical Empty Dash Electrical

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:41 am

I discovered on my 67 gen-2 chev van- the fuse box & all dash wiring harness is missing. Anyone have an extra from around the same Gen 1=or=2?/ Thanx
    kustomizer

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-06-06

Dash Electrical Empty Re: Dash Electrical

Post by kustomizer Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 am

Your best bet is an aftermarket 12 or 21 circuit. I put a 12 circuit EZ-wiring harness in my van and it works great. Cost about $170.00 shipped and you can find them on eBay.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Agree... Go with the EZ-wiring harness... cheers

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Dash Electrical Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanx - im looking into this and the possibility of using one out of a newer van & redoing the wiring, Happiness is =that years back i was employed in the aircraft manfacturing buisness as an electrician -building wiring bundles for new airplanes being manfactured - long before i was a pilot - flying them instead of building them. Bad thing is - ive got to remember where i stored all the wiring I had from years of accmulation>> Now wheres those car keys??
    Oldsheimers here I come - What a Face
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:41 am

You could be da man to make up harnesses to sell to us on the site. I could see something with a stock fuse box and a few extra/redundant circuits. If you made them in bunches of 4 or 5 I'm sure you wouldn't get stuck with too many for too long. Of course it would be really cool if one could duplicate/approximate the original colors in maybe a little thicker wire. And, if it was set up for a more modern one-wire alternator and accessory guages (not on the harness) it might even be simplified.

Just a thought as I like to "volunteer" others ;-)
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:40 am

Well = vert true and Honestly I hadny considered this. Im now wondering if somke vanners out there that have some old wiring harnesses with fuse blocks would donate them so i can look into doing this for our vans> would be nice to have some specific to our vans new electrical harnesses with new fuse blocks. Now im getting curious what style we would usually want? The newer spade type fuses or the old style fuses? Only reason 's we have problems with our old fuse blocks is age & rust- The old windshield seal gets to leaking and hard from age & sun - wont seal as should and the old wiring that was used is definately as good as whats available today. Therefore -if anyone is interested in having this done- all i really would need is an old fuse block & wiring harness and be van specific as to the options in the van & add'l addons you have or need. Lets see whose interested and what they have to contribute.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:08 pm