VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Electrical question

Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Electrical question Empty Electrical question

Post by Seth G Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:56 am

I've got a couple of issues with lights I'm hoping you guys can clarify for me before I dig into them deeper.

The first one is with the front running lights. If I pull the knob halfway All the running lights come on front and back. But when I pull the knob all the way, the back running lights come on, headlights on, but the front running lights go out. THe signals still work. My question is, is this normal on these vans or is something wrong here? I replaced the headlamp switch a while back but it did not change this.

The other one concerns the oil trouble light. When I have the key switched to accessory the oil light is on. Is this normal?

Whether these issues are normal on these vans or not I'm going to 'fix' them. But it would be nice to know one way or another before I start. Thanks for the help.
    tody
    tody

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2010-09-15

Electrical question Empty Re: Electrical question

Post by tody Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:01 am

running lights behave as they should. i just rewired mine so they are on all the time, as our laws in germany mandate this. i used the wire (brown) from the back lights to splice into the wire for the front running lights (black/green stripe).
    Seth G
    Seth G

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks tody, that helps a lot!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content