VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

NEED HELP W/ VAC LINES

texasjohn
    texasjohn

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

NEED HELP W/ VAC LINES Empty NEED HELP W/ VAC LINES

Post by texasjohn Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:32 pm

I know its a 2nd gen but i need help finding a diagram for vacum lines. its a 74 all stock 302 but had to remove the egr plate under carb due to corrosion and not being able to find a replacement. Ive replaced the intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets but lost the pics/notes i took of the vacume lines......i have a hanes manual for 69-91 but its no help.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

NEED HELP W/ VAC LINES Empty Re: NEED HELP W/ VAC LINES

Post by sasktrini Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:10 am

Sounds like a tricky one... don't know if I've ever seen any vac diagrams ever posted anywhere... I've had to fake it many times, and bought a Haynes Emission Systems manual and a Haynes Rochester Carb manual... still a lot of guesswork.

I would start with the connections you know that went to different devices... if I'm right, it's probably the lines going to the carb, knowing which ports they take off from, right? You might find some documentation on your carb identifying the different ports (E, P, S), and this will provide clues what line goes where... like S is Spark and goes to the distributor...

Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe someone has a diagram or a '74 302 pic.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 am