VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

62 CHEVY sportvan owner of or body parts

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Empty Re: 62 CHEVY sportvan owner of or body parts

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:57 am

donivan65 wrote:Slyd, does it have the fancy chrome horn ring and slide out step under the side doors? How many seats in it besides the front?
    it has the slideout step chrome horn ring. 1 bench seat behind front buckets . chrome bumpers front and back. everything works even am radio. 6 clyd with automatic trans
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Empty Re: 62 CHEVY sportvan owner of or body parts

Post by donivan65 Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:11 am

Then you are in the right place,,,,,You got yourself a 1st Generation Chevy SportVan Deluxe,,,,I got 4 of those out here by me,,,,,watch out for the panel vans here,,,,,they don't do windows,,,,,

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:44 am

donivan65 wrote:It's a red 1st Gen,,,,,,,,

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Sly_va10
    i plan on restoring her back to her prom year if i can. going to give it my best shot
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:04 pm

Well,,,,,,I am kinda partial to red 65 Chevy Vans,,,,,with windows,,,,,,,

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:12 pm

donivan65 wrote:Well,,,,,,I am kinda partial to red 65 Chevy Vans,,,,,with windows,,,,,,,
    as you can see she is faded out some. just wondering how do i find out the orginal color red for her.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:22 pm

1st place is to see if the 2 data plates are still on it. The color, trim package and engine sizes were on a plate, on the drivers front door post, right above the lower hinge,,,,,the VIN data plate is on the rear drivers door post right above the latch,,,,,now thats where they were 43 years ago,,,,,,,,

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:26 pm

donivan65 wrote:1st place is to see if the 2 data plates are still on it. The color, trim package and engine sizes were on a plate, on the drivers front door post, right above the lower hinge,,,,,the VIN data plate is on the rear drivers door post right above the latch,,,,,now thats where they were 43 years ago,,,,,,,,
    thanks for all your help

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:31 pm

slyd wrote:
    donivan65 wrote:1st place is to see if the 2 data plates are still on it. The color, trim package and engine sizes were on a plate, on the drivers front door post, right above the lower hinge,,,,,the VIN data plate is on the rear drivers door post right above the latch,,,,,now thats where they were 43 years ago,,,,,,,,
    thanks for all your help
    all i can say according to alabama my van is a 1962 maybe the only 1 . so i can say i have something no one else has lol tags title and ins.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:59 pm

So does the VIN number on the title match the VIN number on the van????

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:18 pm

donivan65 wrote:So does the VIN number on the title match the VIN number on the van????
    yep # on van and title are the same

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:21 pm

slyd wrote:
    donivan65 wrote:So does the VIN number on the title match the VIN number on the van????
    yep # on van and title are the same
    that is reason i was keeping on saying 62. going by title
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:02 pm

Thats good that they match,,,,,,then its just a misprint of the number 2 instead of 5,,,,,Your VIN is probably something like G1265P130500,,,,,the G12 is 1/2 ton Van,,,,the 6 is SportVan,,,,the 5 is 1965,,,,,they probably only made 2200 of those 1965 Chevy SportVan DELUXE's,,,,,
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:40 pm

I have to say it's a misprint also. I have heard claims of a late 63, but never a 62
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Seems like most of the 63 I remember were from people who lived in Canada
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:54 pm

I wonder if they really had a 1963 VIN number,,,,,,
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Welcome, Slyd!

I'm pretty partial to these Sportvan Deluxes. I've got two myself (two of those in Donivan's "surrounded" picture). I've gathered up some documentation on them. In 1965, Sportvans came in 15 solid colors and 13 two-tone combinations! There's only one red on the chart. I've found Chevy car color coded but they don't seem to match those on our vans. What's the color number on the data plate by the front door hinge?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:26 pm

VANagain wrote:Welcome, Slyd!

I'm pretty partial to these Sportvan Deluxes. I've got two myself (two of those in Donivan's "surrounded" picture). I've gathered up some documentation on them. In 1965, Sportvans came in 15 solid colors and 13 two-tone combinations! There's only one red on the chart. I've found Chevy car color coded but they don't seem to match those on our vans. What's the color number on the data plate by the front door hinge?
    as of paint found a p126 as in vin has a n261 and some #s
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:26 pm

Ok, if you open the drivers door, you should see a blue plate in the lower left corner,,,,those 2 lower boxes on it are PAINT and TRIM. Above the latch on the right of you is the VIN plate, mine is painted over in red, with 2 rivets on it. About the only thing that it is good for is for the YEAR,,,,which is to the left of the P on it.

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair12

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair13

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair14

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:10 pm

donivan65 wrote:Ok, if you open the drivers door, you should see a blue plate in the lower left corner,,,,those 2 lower boxes on it are PAINT and TRIM. Above the latch on the right of you is the VIN plate, mine is painted over in red, with 2 rivets on it. About the only thing that it is good for is for the YEAR,,,,which is to the left of the P on it.

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair12

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair13found 2 #s on plate looks like 3144a and g13ao

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair14
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Thats good! but I don't know that we got a good listing of what those codes mean,,,,,So you got a Paint code of 3144a and a Trim code of g13ao. Lets see if someone knows what that stands for......

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:27 pm

donivan65 wrote:Thats good! but I don't know that we got a good listing of what those codes mean,,,,,So you got a Paint code of 3144a and a Trim code of g13ao. Lets see if someone knows what that stands for......
    want to go back the same color but as long as it is red. has red and white inside. front seats have a little wear but back seat is like brand new.also need to know something esle. i was opening side door and outside handle came off. looked behind panel and it is solid metal how do i get the conector that fell inside door? i know i ask for a lot but i bet someone has had this ploblem over the years thank you ahead of time
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:35 pm

This place would be pretty boring if no one asked questions and we had to sit around and look at each other,,,,
    The horse shoe clip fell off your handle,,,so go to the barn or parts store and get another one . Then you unscrew ONE of those phillips screws in the escutcheon AND put a long 1/4" bolt in there, then do the same for the other one. (That holds the backing plate from falling into the door). Then you slide it out enough to put the clip back on, slide it back on,,,,put the screws back in and slide the handle back on- IN THE RIGHT POSITION,,,,until it clicks back on....

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair16

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair17

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:17 am

donivan65 wrote:This place would be pretty boring if no one asked questions and we had to sit around and look at each other,,,,
    The horse shoe clip fell off your handle,,,so go to the barn or parts store and get another one . Then you unscrew ONE of those phillips screws in the escutcheon AND put a long 1/4" bolt in there, then do the same for the other one. (That holds the backing plate from falling into the door). Then you slide it out enough to put the clip back on, slide it back on,,,,put the screws back in and slide the handle back on- IN THE RIGHT POSITION,,,,until it clicks back on....

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair16

62  CHEVY sportvan  owner  of  or  body  parts - Page 2 Repair17
    stupid me i took screws out and plate fell in to door.not asking someone before you do .
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:27 pm

,,,,,,well theres always the easy way and the hard way to do everything,,,,,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:01 pm