VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Which by year will best work for a 200 inline engine in my van?

Which by year will best work for a 200 inline engine in my van? Empty Which by year will best work for a 200 inline engine in my van?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:31 am

Like what above quote ^ says ... I'd like to know your thoughts and by experience any of you had a 200 in your van or pickup or any Ford vehicle (that had a 200 in it). I'm looking in to find which year range would best works with my van.

Should I go with a mid-late '60s 200 cu. Mustang or Falcon engine? Or a early '70s Ford 200 cu. and or early 1980-82 Mustang, Fairmont or Granda 200 cu.?

My understanding is that the 1980-82 engines was said to had few improvements/changes to make them better than its former state.

I'm going with harden valves rebuilt 200 cu. engine which will run with unleaded gas and will be run with automatic transmission. My van will be wired with NOS Ford harness under the dashboard to plug in with engine. That's the main point - the engine has to be able to accept the wire plugs the way it was made.

A bit on my van - it used to had a 170 engine (long gone before I brought it). I know that the 170 and 200 are the same block, so a 200 is better to me. Thanks for any feedback. I'm gathering data to use when I go around to seek a good rebuilt engine to purchase by springtime.

Which by year will best work for a 200 inline engine in my van? Empty Re: Which by year will best work for a 200 inline engine in my van?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 pm

I used a 1976 Mustang 200. It has bolt patterns to fit both the large and small bell housings. Great little motor.

Which by year will best work for a 200 inline engine in my van? Empty Re: Which by year will best work for a 200 inline engine in my van?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 am

A 1976 Mustang 200 engine...? I wonder how much hp on that since this year was usually within lower regulations when the U.S. goverement reduced the hp from gross to net -something that?

I'm surprised no one else have more on the 200 engine here?? Am I in the wrong section here with my questions?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:05 pm

The way I had it built it has 225hp and almost 300 pounds of torque, More than a stock 302. Here is a video of what it sounds like

Which by year will best work for a 200 inline engine in my van? Th_MVI_0425
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:28 am

Yeah that sounds awesome. Why aren't you registered? I hope you register with vintage vans and join our club and forum! We would love to have you here…. your van is worthy!
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:52 am

kookykrispy wrote:Yeah that sounds awesome.  Why aren't you registered?  I hope you register with vintage vans and join our club and forum!  We would love to have you here….  your van is worthy!

He is deceased. That was Mike Cook,aka Vanishing Breed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:34 am