VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

radio speakers

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

radio speakers Empty radio speakers

Post by dix Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:31 pm

i have a infinity fm/cd unit to install in the van it is set up for 4 speakers if i install 6 or 8 how should i hook them up if i use 6 should they go front then the middle be the back and the rears again hooked up to the front speakers??? the radio only idenifies 4 speakers in the wiring . or should i go with 8 wiring front then back then front anb back again.??? it sounds right to me but i am no speaker wiring pro.??????
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

radio speakers Empty Re: radio speakers

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:50 am

Depends on how much ear bleed you want. I put a set of boxed 6 X 9 infinties and some 6 1/2 type R alpines hooked to a 150 watt amp and alpine head unit. With the amp turned up I can only go to 13 with the new Ramstein CD for about 4 songs before my ears RING for the next 24 hours. I usually drive at about 3 or 4 with this set up unless someone pulls up play RAP. Twisted Evil
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:27 am

I think it's a bad idea. the correct way to do it would be to use the pre-out rca jacks to feed an amplifier to power additional speakers.

otherwise, a few things will happen that will make the sound deteriorate and possibly damage the head unit as the ohms will be affected.

if you want to increase the volume/speakers you also need to increase the power. just like adding more/bigger wheels to your van will not increase HP. however, it is well known that red paint does increase HP so, what do i know?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:42 am

THE SPEAKERS THAT BELONG WITH THE UNIT HAVE A SMALL AMP . ON EACH SPEAKER 4 WIRES SPEAKER + & - PLUS A POWER WIRE AND A GROUND. DOES THIS MAKE A DIFFERANCE
    Henrik
    Henrik

Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2010-11-26

Post by Henrik Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:41 am

i also suggest that you install an amplifier and a set of 6 1/2" speakers and if you want more bass make a subwooferbox.

pretty easy to do stuff, + to plus and - to negative , the rca-cables are coloured so you know which one goes to which.

just be sure to make good ground connections and don't put the rca cables and power cables close to each other on a long distance because that can cause annoying sound.

no rocket science, just common sense.
    and usually the manual tells you pretty much how to do the wiring the right way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 am