VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Shifter column pics and questions...67 Three speed Manual

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Shifter column pics and questions...67 Three speed Manual Empty Shifter column pics and questions...67 Three speed Manual

Post by Magic Bus Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:59 am

I took mine apart due to slop in the column...It appears the culprit was the pin that engages the shifitng forks was worn pretty bad...I was able to come up with a new one and on the bench it seems better.. I had a couple of questions though..

Are those metal "spring washers" available to buy anywhere? I looked at several parts stores and 2 hardware stores including ace..no luck

And does that plastic bushing go into that aluminum clamp from the bottom? It was just floating around the shift rod from the top and not seated down into the clamp.. I also looked for a new bushing but couldn't find one of those either....

You can see the bottom "spring washer" is worn very badly....to the point it really has no spring left in it..

Are all the parts there? .....

I did pm Vic "Old Skool" and he gave me alot of information but Im still unclear about these issues..

I take some of this repair stuff personal....Im sure some of you guys do too.... Ive never worked on a column before but there arent many things I wont try... I did rebuild an automatic transmission once but I wont do that again... Very Happy

Shifter column pics and questions...67 Three speed Manual 11-05-12

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Shifter column pics and questions...67 Three speed Manual Empty Re: Shifter column pics and questions...67 Three speed Manual

Post by donivan65 Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:57 am

Shifter column pics and questions...67 Three speed Manual Ford_s14

Shifter column pics and questions...67 Three speed Manual Empty Re: Shifter column pics and questions...67 Three speed Manual

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:55 pm

I think you can get a suitable replacement for the spring washers at McMaster Carr. Right Here http://www.mcmaster.com/#9715k91/=9p1x5x

Saw this on http://1965econolinepickup.blogspot.com

Lots of good stuff. The author posted on here I believe and I was told he passed away before finishing his van. Sad
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:29 am

Thanks guys that is exactly what I was looking for!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:12 pm