VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+12
Donn
67a 100 pickup
DanTheVanMan
G-Man
BvrWally
EconoCarl
hywaychild
benwah
Digz
lectricman
chester42
Vanish
16 posters

When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? .......

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? ....... Empty When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? .......

Post by Vanish Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:41 am

Well it seems like the summer has just Blown by This year .... Time to face the Winter ... We start of with Wind here in so cal ... Then fire ... Rain and snow ..... But that's up here in the Hills ... I am Lucky ... in one respect ... I can always Go hang out with Donivan ... and get out of the weather .... Wink The wood splitter is working over time Right now ........ And still got to fix the roof .... Never Ends Here ........

When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? ....... ATT00136-vi

chester42
    chester42

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? ....... Empty Re: When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? .......

Post by chester42 Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:50 am

We put on a sweater and still enjoy a cruise-in or car show as usual here in sunny FLA.
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? ....... Empty Re: When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? .......

Post by lectricman Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:59 am

I fire up the wood burner in the garage.... always a project in there... Laughing
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:38 am

At the pit shop we turned on the breaker yesturday to make sure the system was working, and it is. For home and hearth, we got the wood in the shed and keep the fires burning til April. The 1952 44 Massey Harris gets a break from the wood splitter and parked in a shed til next year.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:01 am

Four gallons of Jim Beam, Five gallons of home made hard cider, Six cord of wood, I put a new roof on the house in May. One steap ahead of you Vanish. It never ends on the east coast either!
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 am

I managed to find the floor in my shop yesterday ,,spent over 9 hours cleaning got about 9 more to go and i might be ready to start messing it up again ...
    What a Face
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:00 am

Winter? What's that!!!
    I've lived in Southeast Texas all my life.
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946

Post by BvrWally Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:09 am

Shovel a "Bit" of snow and turn the garage thermostat to 70 degrees and have fun in there!
    When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? ....... VanPort
    When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? ....... MyShopMarch08
    When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? ....... MyshopMarch08-08
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:27 am

This time of the year I'm super busy, cutting wood, leafs , still mowing 31/2 arces, cleaning out the sheds
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:28 pm

We have sort of a reverse schedule from our vanner brothers up north. They work on their vans all summer because it's to COLD in the winter. We work on our vans in winter because it's to HOT all summer!!!! Laughing

But either way I now have a 1100 Sq. ft. shop out back with it's own heat and air....... sunny santa

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

When it gets Cold ,.......... What do you have to Do ???? ....... Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:26 pm

10 cords of wood is laid in and the boiler is going now to warm the house and the wife up when she gets out of the cooler at work, and I am in shorts like it's still summer. Still debateing on what corner of the pole barn to close in and heat for the winter.
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:02 pm

Looks like I am getting a new 66 Econo 4x4 !! will know Monday.Then hope for snow..

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Got 20 cords on the ground, but have to split it. Have to fix the wood bin, barn, garage, the Scout, and Ester.

Did start the garage repair this weekend though. The doors are done along with the electrical. Now I just have to organize it and put everything away.......I hate moving. Did drop 1500 feet though, shouldnt get as much snow.
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:35 am

almost done with the wood pile. friday nites in the garage insted of car cruzz...
    chester42
    chester42

Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by chester42 Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:46 am

Wife and I and 7 cars from local car club are going to a show at Lake Como, a nudist colony north of Tampa. This show usualy draws over 150 cars. NO CAMERAS ! Sorry guys!
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:20 am

I swear it takes 6 months to get between January 3rd and March 15th. That 33 mile (each way) commute sucks twice as much once white flakes come down.

Maybe clean the basement, paint the master bedroom, clean the offices at the shop and hopefully get rid of a bunch excess (damaged/wrong size) inventory at the shop. Thank you Craigslist.

Oh, if the body shop ever gets around to finishing my A, we'll be talking about bumpers, battery isolators/switches, driving lights, inverters, electric radiator fans, fusible links, sound systems and, of course, amp-meters and wiring harnesses.

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:30 am

Yes body shop prison I know it well LOL
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:08 am

Sounds like its not only my part of the woods. What is it with body guys? I took my sportsman down for paint, took allmost a year and a half?!! I did 80% of the body work. The only reason I took it somewhere was to get it done quicker, Had no time to finish too many hours at work.
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946

Post by BvrWally Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:31 am

Back in '75-'76 mine was held "Hostage" for over 18 months!!!! Boy was that hard to take!!!! Sad $5K Later she came out a different looking girl! Body shop prisons should be "OutLawed" IMHO!!
    B.W.
    itruns
    itruns

Post by itruns Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:57 am

G-Man wrote:Yes body shop prison I know it well LOL

At least with yours they're doing some fancy ass stuff. Mine is just a pound out the flaws, re-do the bondo where required, prime 'n paint. I know, it SOUNDS easy, but they aren't replacing sheet metal or putting in gullwing doors and such.

Are you suppose to bitch at them every week and hope they don't do a hurry up job? This shop is basically a one man operation and I'd like it done correctly. I just hope they put it on the front burner before next spring (which could happen if they need a quick infusion of dinero). I guess if it gets to be March and it's not in the front of the line, I'll turn into "That Guy". tongue
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:27 am

Mine was in a friends body shop for 22 months and not only did he do fantastic work but I could work on it anytime I wanted(was nice when the weather was bad)oh and we did sneek in a complete V8 conversion while it was there! Bill
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:54 am

Working today on leafs and going to cut some wood, cleaning the basement to make room for the wood also
    itruns
    itruns

Post by itruns Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:55 am

I hope you mean leaf springs and not yard work Very Happy

I hope they spring your baby out jail soon Chris. I can't wait to see it.
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:02 am

I look forward to the fall and winter, the summer temps here are really tough on old cars, especially Earlies. We had 85 days this past summer with temps over 90 degrees.

Working on the van and hunting season will keep me busy Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:54 am