VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Where to look for A100 Heater Control Valve?

Scotts_A100

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

Where to look for A100 Heater Control Valve? Empty Where to look for A100 Heater Control Valve?

Post by Scotts_A100 Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:28 pm

I've a bit of a challenge, has anyone come across a heater control valve for an A100 that looks like the one shown? Well to be specific, I would prefer one without the rust/rot and for it not to be frozen solid.

Any help/info in identifying the part and where I might find one would be appreicated. Thanks, Scott...

Where to look for A100 Heater Control Valve? A100_h10
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Where to look for A100 Heater Control Valve? Empty Re: Where to look for A100 Heater Control Valve?

Post by G-Man Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:52 pm

This is just a thought , if know luck with a replacement maybe that one could be repaired???? That just simple pipe in the bad areas
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Where to look for A100 Heater Control Valve? Empty Re: Where to look for A100 Heater Control Valve?

Post by slowflapper Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:25 am

Unfortunately I don't have a source for that part. Mine is missing altogether, a previous owner had replaced the heater core and omitted that part, I assume because it was bad and he couldn't find a replacement. I havent done so yet but I plan to just put a small ball valve in the supply side heater hose (in the doghouse).
    oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by oo3 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:34 am

a common problem - i replaced mine with a piece of copper pipe and ball cock valve - you have to reach over to turn it - one reader posted a part # for a control which would work with a piece of pipe or hose - i tried to find the post with search but at this point cant find it - its there somewhere! - oo3
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 pm

the d-series trucks and a few other models used just the valve as it has hose nipples on them. you could use rubber hose for the length or sweat solder a pipe on it to match. should work no problem.
    Scotts_A100

Post by Scotts_A100 Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:09 pm

I appreicate all the replies. I did managed to get the top off the valve body today and the cylinder/drum inside that is suppose to turn to control the water flow/volumn is rusted to the inside sidewall. It's soaking in PB Blaster, just an effort to get it all the way apart to truly check it out. I would prefer a stock unit and will keep looking. I'd never thought though to check the D series heater control, I wouldn't have a problem extending it if it is the same valve body, I'll check into it.

The reason I'm looking for the stock unit is that I'm restoring my van back to stock. I've taken the heater unit completely apart (it wasn't hooked up anyway) and have already media blasted it inside and out and have a new heater core coming. The only part now missing is the valve. Again, thanks. Scott...
    Scotts_A100

Post by Scotts_A100 Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Just a quick update. JKR, I did a search on the web and found the control valve for the D100 and ordered one. It looks for the most part just like a short version of the one that I have. The mounting tab will have to be trimmed off and an extension pipe/tube added but it looks like it should do the job just fine. I'll still keep my eyes open for an original one though.

By the way anyone else that may be interested in this part it is from Four Seasons and is part # 74662. I've also included a picture of it that I pulled off the web. Oh, you can also see the difference to the original I posted and the similarities. Scott...

Where to look for A100 Heater Control Valve? Four_s10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 am