VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

A-100 Pickup - question on dash pad

blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

A-100 Pickup - question on dash pad Empty A-100 Pickup - question on dash pad

Post by blackace Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:44 am

I was wanting to find out if anyone could give me some info on the dash pad that I have on my 68 pickup. I have seen trucks without them and was not sure if this was a special option or if they all had them and were taken out?
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

A-100 Pickup - question on dash pad Empty Re: A-100 Pickup - question on dash pad

Post by RodStRace Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm

i think they were part of the safety equipment for later years.
    SnarkyPoet
    SnarkyPoet

Number of posts : 174
    Registration date : 2009-12-22

A-100 Pickup - question on dash pad Empty Re: A-100 Pickup - question on dash pad

Post by SnarkyPoet Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Dash pads, backup lights, dual-circuit brakes, and lap-belts were all added in '67 as the result of new safety regulations.
    blackace
    blackace

Post by blackace Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:17 pm

SO what you are saying is that it is the 60's verison of an air bag, just with out the air.. Know I would not want to hit my face on it.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Post by RodStRace Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:21 pm

blackace wrote:SO what you are saying is that it is the 60's verison of an air bag, just with out the air.. Know I would not want to hit my face on it.

Metal dash or padded, bendable wing. A small step, but better than without!
    Remember, no 3-point belts in wide spread use yet.

inside door handles changed too.
    blackace
    blackace

Post by blackace Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:24 pm

is there a good product to use to bring back that luster of the plastic overs on the doors and this pad. I would like to get a shine back on them as I have washed them but they are still dull looking
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Armor - All
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:33 pm

ON THE DOOR PANELS I USED A SPRAY BOMB CLEAR FROM THE LOCAL HARDWARE STORE. THEY LOOK GREAT. I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING YET I WOULD GUESS SAMETHING WILL DO JUST FINE. TRY IT ON THE UNGERSIDE.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Post by RodStRace Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Armor all is solvent based and will dry stuff out!
    Scrub gently with mild soap and water to get all the junk off.
    Inspect to determine if the original surface is still in good condition.
    If it is, use a water based vinyl dressing.
    If it's just faded, a vinyl paint can cover it. Do not use vinyl dressing after, it's paint now!
    If the surface is rotted and/or brittle, you need to find replacements for a restoration.
    For something modified, you can cover with material or go with fiberglass covered with material, paint or even create a new part.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Never had a problem with Armor All , it's not solevent based , it's silcone based

What are the ingredients in Armor All® Protectants? Do they include silicone, alcohol, ultraviolet inhibitors and petroleum distillates?
    Armor All® Leather Care contains lanolin and natural moisturizers, and UV inhibitors. Armor All® Leather Care Protectant Spray and Leather Wipes contain water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, and ultraviolet light inhibitors. Armor All® Original Shine Protectant contains water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, and ultraviolet light inhibitors, humectants, dispersants and gloss enhancers. Armor All® Ultimate Clean Protectant contains water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, ultraviolet light inhibitors and a fragrance.
    blackace
    blackace

Post by blackace Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks for all the advice. I will try a few of your suggestions and see what works out the best. i will get pics of the before and after and post them with my other pics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:03 pm