VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Tranny swap

Tranny swap Empty Tranny swap

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:18 pm

I have decided to get a C4 for 65 Econo. Vic has one I hope to get. I will probably go with this B&M shifter

Tranny swap Bm10

or this one

Tranny swap Bm_210

With this 32" shifter arm
    Tranny swap Bhwfzq10

Today I replaced all the knobs on the dash with the aluminum ones I got from Dennis. Just waiting for him to finish making the stainless steel dash cover which I am thinking about having chromed( depends on how good it looks stock) so I can get my new gauges, backup camera with 7" screen, FloTV (satellite), Wii game hooked up and another 7" screen just for navigation.. I am taking the console I made out and building a new one for the floor shifter. I also am installing a 25 farad capacitor and a Python alarm with electric door locks. Got some other things up my sleeve but will post them when they are complete.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Tranny swap Empty Re: Tranny swap

Post by benwah Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:45 am

Do you need a special C4 tailshaft tranny? I know the A's have to use a super short tailshaft due to the wheel base. With the automatic in mine the driveshaft is 14"! Just wondering if you oval guys share the same problem.
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 am

Im using the second shifter you showed in my pick-up.sounds like some nice stuff you are putting in there.planning on making a longer shifter arm for mine stock right now. I had to get a longer cable for the shifter

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:49 pm

benwah wrote:Do you need a special C4 tailshaft tranny? I know the A's have to use a super short tailshaft due to the wheel base. With the automatic in mine the driveshaft is 14"! Just wondering if you oval guys share the same problem.
    Yep It need the short tail shaft and housing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:03 am